Insight Global

www.insightglobal.net
  www.insightglobal.net
There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global

A great opportunity for hard working/ career-minded individuals

Current Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Insight Global provides a great opportunity for recent college graduates or for those looking to change career paths. Offering a competetive base salary and benefits IGI allows employees to enhance their career and become an asset to a fast growing company. The work environment is past-paced and very engaging but also has a great make up of energetic, fun employees. The training structure is second to none as everyone in the company started off in the same role as a recruiter. This allows new employees to learn the process everystep of the way through their superiors, whom are eager to see their subordinates succeed. Although this job is not for everyone, IGI does provide a fantastic opportunity to career driven individuals whom are determined to succeed at a young age.

Cons

Fast pace environment, not for everyone.

1812 Other Employee Reviews for Insight Global (View Most Recent)

Not What It's Painted Out to Be

Former Employee - Account Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at Insight Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Entry level job to get you work experience
    -Offices in almost every major city for college grads to relocate to

Cons

Insight Global will recruit you when you are in your last few months of your senior year of college. The only people they hire are college grads. If you have any professional experience, you will not get the job. This is because anyone who has ever had another job would never be okay doing what Insight Global forces you to do. The core hours are 8 AM - 5 PM, but everyone works 7 AM - 7 PM because of the work load and way you are viewed if you don't put in those hours. You're paid a base of 36K in the DC office. Every single thing you do is on record for the entire office to see, with your commission on record to the whole company.

Insight Global treats contractors poorly and if you don't hang out with everyone from the office on the weekends, you get pushed out because you don't have the "right personality." It's an office full of attractive 22 year olds stalking managers and candidates to hit their numbers. They will use incentive trips and just about any other tactic to suck you in. Every sales job has incentive trips, Insight Global is no different.

I lasted about 8 months at Insight Global. I was promoted from recruiter to sales in 5 months. Things actually got worse once I got into sales. You are made to go on 25 meetings a week, make 100+ cold calls per day, and take a client out on a happy hour at least once a week. I understand having drinks with clients, when it's appropriate and the relationship has been built. However, IT Managers in their forties do not always want to spend a night away from their family to have drinks with a college grad. There was a time (which led to my departure) that I was forced to call a manager who made me uncomfortable, in front of my entire office.

Once I left, my "friends" from the office were no longer my friends. I joined another company, stayed in sales, and realized that Insight Global is like nothing else. It teaches you work ethic, sure. It teaches you that part of sales is a numbers game (more meetings = more business). I get all that, but there are ways to be successful without going on pointless meetings, reporting every number, and working 60 hour work weeks. Look for a sales position where the turnover rate is not enormous, where people from different professional backgrounds are along side of you, and where you have the opportunity to enjoy the freedom that sales allows.

Stop treating people like they are robots, expendable, and hire some people with experience so that college grads can have some mentors. Trust your employees, stop micro-managing to the point where kids don't even want to go to the bathroom for more than 30 seconds because god forbid they do not hit their numbers for that day. Just open your eyes and stop running this company the way you do.

insight global best in fraud!!!!!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there's nothing positive about this company other than the fact that you immediately have fairweather friends that make you feel like you're in a frat. they underpay all contractors to make "spread" or commission and then lie to their "friends" that are their customers to squeeze more money

Cons

they are unprofessional - underpay ALL contractors and aren't allowed to make less than $250/week on a contractor so they screw the contractor out of getting paid
    the bosses and executives sleep with the recruiters and account managers
    they sue you if you leave and try to scare their current employees
    they sexually harrass you and ostracize you if you speak to HR - they all sleep together when they take their trips down to atlanta

you underpay your employees, you rip off people that make you money and you're a disgrace to the staffing business

There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global