Insight Global

www.insightglobal.net
There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global

Best first step of my career

I have been working at Insight Global full-time

Pros

Insight Global is one of the best places to work if you are looking for opportunities for advancement and a rewarding career. Hardwork pays off but the job can be stressful at times. It takes a certain type of person to be successful at this company. The leadership and support are apparent from a national, regional, and local level. Everyone encourages each other to succeed and grow.

Cons

Just like any job, stressful situations are common. You must be able to work in a fast-paced, high performance environment.

2070 Other Employee Reviews for Insight Global (View Most Recent)

My Experience at IGI having been there for over 1 year

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Insight Global full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Energy and the positivity from everyone
    -People in "the pit" have great personalities and rarely do you rub someone the wrong way
    -Great opportunity if you want to stay in this industry
    -I made great friends with most of the people I worked with here and maintained all the relationships post-IGI

Cons

-Unless you want to be a recruiter, an account manager basically forever (rarely do people actually get promoted to sales manager or higher), or want to stay in the staffing industry, there's not much room for career growth here.
    -The actual hours of the job when you're with the company for over 4 months are 7:10AM-5:45PM. Maybe even longer with OOCs.
    -Out of the 100+ account managers, only about the top 10 percent of them are actually making the money they said you could make.
    -Stability is volatile in this company so one day you could put in $3,000 in spread and the next day you could lose $5,000 in spread from something out of left field. I've seen an AM drop from ~20k to ~5k overnight (9 months of work gone overnight). As you can imagine, coupled with this comes extreme stress and anxiety.
    -There's a 70% turnover rate or close to within the first year. I saw about 20 people come and go within a year and a quarter.
    -At times I didn't feel that I was being treated in an adult manner. For instance, I was only allowed to have lunch between 11:30-12:30 or 12:30-1:30. No ifs, ands, or buts. You're also basically being watched at all times in the office so if you leave 10 minutes late for lunch (because you're tied up in work) and come back 10 minutes late, you took too long of a lunch and are subject to disciplinary measures.
    -A lot of micromanagement in this company.
    -Any negativity in any way, shape, or form is instant grounds for discipline. You could be having the worst day but displaying that emotion is risky. Putting on a smile is always necessary.
    -Recruiters have to wear a full suit and tie, shave, and come to work with shined shoes, even though 60% of the days, you only interface with internal employees.
    -In the hierarchy of the company, professional recruiters are most of the time looked at as 2nd class to account managers. In reality, they are equal in status.
    -Friday recruiter meetings become redundant and monotonous.

-Everyone doesn't "tick" the same way. You need to find ways to manage people and find out what drives them and how to get the most out of them rather than a one size fits all approach.
    -Not everyone is motivated by money so when an employee tries to leave, try to explain the benefits of the job and the networking opportunities as well.
    -Have a training program rather than just letting a newer employee loose after shadowing their initial couple days. I've seen it too many times where a newer employee does something "wrong" and gets scolded without knowing that it wasn't standard operating procedure.
    -Don't burn out the employees in the first few months. Lessen the workload and when they're ready to fight for promotion, let them have at it.
    -I'm sure it's not like this in all offices but for mine specifically, please use sincerity when addressing internal employees. There's a lot of rumors that fly around the office so it's best to address the situation head on.
    -Change the commission structure to a more equal structure between professional recruiters and account managers. Many account managers take full advantage of being out of the office unsupervised and yet the professional recruiters stay in the office, work hard, and make sure there are qualified candidates for the account managers. Yet, the account manager makes triple the commission than the professional recruiter at the highest bracket of commission. Logically, it doesn't make sense since professional recruiters are just as integral to the process of placing candidates as account managers.
    -The plus/deltas process every quarter in theory could work, however, most of the people take deltas personally if it is something of substance rather than something with no real value. For this reason, most of the recruiters, professional recruiters, and account managers are too afraid to give real deltas to the sales managers for fear of getting on their bad side and/or being "black balled" from promotion. Without this fear, management could improve immensely but the potential consequences are not worth the potential benefits. Thus, my recommendation would be to have plus/deltas in an anonymous fashion.

Sales reps are easily replaceable

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Insight Global full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere, tons of expensed lunches, dinners, and happy hours
    Opportunities for promotion
    Mentorship (if you get a good one)

Cons

You can't trust coworkers
    Every sales rep can easily be replaced
    Hard work isn't always rewarded

Try focusing on who does the job best, not who is the most well liked in the office!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global