Insight Global

www.insightglobal.net
  www.insightglobal.net
There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global

The first step to starting your career..

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Insight Global as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I have to say that Insight Global is the first place to start with obtaining a great opportunity for your career. The staff at Insight Global cares about your future and wants to see you excel and succeed on your career path. They are sincere, very helpful and focus on your expertise in placing you with the right fit for your background.

I would recommend Insight Global to those that are serious about their technical career and staying employed and most of all, happy in their career choice as well as the services that Insight Global provides their associates.

I couldn't be happier with their services and you will be too!

Cons

I have no cons to claim, as I am more than happy and pleased with Insight Global's professionalism, work ethics and their amazing staff.

1905 Other Employee Reviews for Insight Global (View Most Recent)

Good people to work with and a good opportunity for myself to contract with a Fortune 500 Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Insight Global as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Quick interview process. I was interviewed and hired within 2 weeks. Plus, they offer a very reasonable hourly rate. And the company I contract for is really a good place to work at and sharped my skills, so Insight Global must have really good relationships with companies in need of developers.

Cons

As a contractor, I have to wait a few months before I can get health benefits, and longer to be apart of their 401(k) plan. But that's the only bad thing.

Account Manager at Insight Global

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will learn hard work and how to multi-task, great career opportunity for new college grads looking to make a good salary early on in your career.

Cons

There are way to many is all I can say. Beware! They over promise in many aspects and underdeliver. The management team is extremely immature. Everyone has been in the recruiter chair which is great, but it also means that the management team has no outside experience in managing people other than with Insight Global. Individuals are not treated fair. If you are with the "in" crowd you will be set up for success. If you are not apart of that select group, you will eventually be forced to resign or quit on your own because it is miserable.

This is a company where HR is not enforced. Kids are swearing in the offices, talking badly about others they work with and making fun of the contractors placed with their clients, there is constant drama within every office. That is what happens with kids in their twenties are given power.

They hire attractive people to fill the roles, but proper training is not involved. You may learn how to recruit or sell, but there is not enough formal training on technology that I would of hoped to have gained. You are going on client meetings with individuals who are extremely powerful and knowledgeable within fortune 500-1000 companies and yet, the account managers do not know the difference between a systems engineer and a software developer.

In the Account Management role, you are performing many tasks that other companies have people put in place to handle. You are cold calling, going on client meetings, recruiting yourself, working with payroll, meeting with contractors, doing HR functions, the metrics are so steep that it is often unattainable. People in the recruiter role and in sales are often lying about candidates they spoke to and clients they met in order to meet the matrix and please upper management. If you do not meet these high remarks than you are talked to and most likely pushed out of the company.

If you are performing well for the company and bringing in new business, that does not matter if you are not "drinking the Kool Aid". They require that Insight Global be your life. You must work and "play" with your co-workers. I got to the point where I was sick of going out with co-workers every night and weekends. I started to have an equal work life balance and I was looked down upon for this. I am sorry I didn't want to get wasted with my boss or president of the company, who I was supposed to respect.

If you are looking for a professional career, where you can gain real life skills do not start with Insight Global. It sounds glamorous and promising initially, but after 6 months with the company you will feel stuck and there are not many ways out. I worked there for almost 2 years and was only happy for my first 6 months. The turn over is so high so I kept trucking along to build up my resume, but I am finally out and could not be happier with my decision!!!!

Train employees on IT, hire more educated employees, Value employees, Value Contractors working onsite for clients, lessen the expectation for employee matrices to avoid dishonesty in the work place, hire the base salary for recruiters and the commission structure.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global