Insight Global

There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've loved my time here at Insight Global, I've been here for almost 2 years and the opportunities here are endless. It is a challenging, fun work environment that pushes individuals to better themselves on a daily basis. I really have found a career here at Insight Global, and I love my company!

Cons

It is a challenging position and requires a lot of hard work and dedication, but it pays off!

2066 Other Employee Reviews for Insight Global (View Most Recent)

Down Fall Of Contractors - Naperville/Warrenville, IL

Former Contractor - Tier I/Tier II POS Support in Warrenville, IL
    Former Contractor - Tier I/Tier II POS Support in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Insight Global as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

1) I got out of the contract, you can too. There's better offers out there, keep looking and use other interviews as a bargaining chip. If Insight Global really wants you, they will pay you what you are worth.

2) Insight Global has lost it's edge as the primary contract holder for this site and is now forced to compete with other vendors for filling positions.

Cons

1) During the transition of the hiring of contractors in the middle of 2011, the Resource Manager at this location released rough 6 contractors in Tier 1 (with little to no warning placing these contractors on the street with nothing lined up) due to the fact that five (5) Tier 2 contractors were hired in as regular employees as Tier 1 and were able to resolve 30% more calls.

2) The Account Manager and Resource Manager literally told myself that there forcing ALL of the Tier 2 contractors down to Tier 1 regardless of tenure or skill set. Low and behold, they kept one Tier 2 agent and forced him to the over night shift or be released from contract (aka: fired). That contractor took the overnight position until he moved on to another position shortly after going to overnights. I went down to Tier 1 and took and overnight shift to avoid the remaining political wreckage. The Resource Manager was baffled and wondered why I took the over night shift. Needless to say, I left as well shortly after. Several contractors ended leaving for better positions within the four month period when this all came down. Also, several regular employees left for better positions too.

3) Don't expect a raise from the Account Manager or Resource Manager, they won't give up their commission for you and their client will turn them down.

4) Be expected to offer the client's survey every single call and be threatened by the Account Manager and Resource Manager with your job.

5) There was a training class that went through the entire training and were handed the schedules to choose from. Within 5 minutes the entire training class quit and walked. The recruiters never explained to them the expectations of the scheduling and the Account Manager never followed through with the scheduling process.

recruiter 1

I worked at Insight Global

Pros

it was a good young atmosphere

Cons

the work hours aren't what they seem

There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global