Insight

www.insight.com

Update your Resumes

IT Manager (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsAt one point, it was the people and the general work environment. At this point, I'd say it's just because you should be happy to have a job in this economy.

ConsInsight was once a really good place to work: energetic, motivated and filled with bright people. Executive management was always a little chaotic, but at least there was a general idea of what we were trying to accomplish. That all changed around 2002 when the core business acquired Comark and the subsequent IBM takeover was completed. I've worked in a lot of different places, and it boggles my mind how many executives are needed here to run the company into the ground. Do they REALLY need a Chief People Officer? How about ANOTHER Senior Vice President in IT? Recently they layed off approximately 240 people. I know a few of them, and NOT ONE of them was a Senior VP or higher. Amazing. Yet the stock price hits an all-time low and the core business is shrinking. Maybe it's me, but someone should be held accountable for the mess, and yet they let staff level people go when things get bad. I'd seriously reconsider working here if you don't already.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold yourself accountable and stop blaming your staff level employees. Rich, you've had 5+ years to make your mark and all that has happened is you've increased the debt load dramatically, shrunk the core business, and watched the stock price flounder (even before the major market drop). Not to mention morale is at an all-time low. This company needs a sweeping overhaul of upper management.

Mr. Fennessy is more concerned about the stock price of the company rather than the companies true health and future.

Engineer (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight

Pros: Insight is not a bad place to start your career. Compensation is fair and they are willing to bring on people… Cons: Advancing at Insight is almost impossible. They tend to hire from the outside rather than promoting from within. They are also unwilling to… Advice to Senior Management: Value the employees that make the company what it is. More

Insight Company Review

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Plano, TX

I have been working at Insight

Pros: Insight is a leader in the IT Solutions provider market. Insight is very diverse in it's culture, applications, and processes, giving many different types… Cons: The IT industry is constantly changing. While there is an upside to this,… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure to obtain and consider individual's input. Many times I've seen decisions made where… More

There are newer reviews on Insight.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!