There are newer employer reviews for Insight

A Strong Company with High Potential. Dig Deeper, and Read Between the Lines.

Current Employee - Manufacturer Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Manufacturer Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight

Pros

Since Insight is a leader in the technology solutions industry, there are great stories almost every day of an amazing project accomplished for a customer that by itself can be extremely motivating. The diverse nature of the companies offerings make it a great place if you want to explore different types of job roles. If your interested at all in Science & Technology the learning environment can be very stimulating and rewarding. Since Insight is generally a sales oriented organization, it would be difficult to imagine succeeding or enjoying your labor here if you are a shy and reserved person. The often overlooked, "Party" atmosphere at work functions and outside of work can be a major bonus, or a curse if your the type who abuses this type of opportunity.

Cons

A major lacking in marketing means most people will not have heard of Insight or will completely misunderstand what they do. Being a sales oriented company makes it extremely difficult to build a solid career here without having spent at least 1 year or more in phone or field sales. Often incorrect detailed descriptions of the whole scope of a job role, or a generally misplaced effort to recruit outside the industry usually result in high-turnover for certain positions do to poor communication on the front end.

Exercise better communication across the different departments of the company to eliminate a "silo" structure that will delay growth of the enterprise.

191 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Update your Resume!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Insight

Pros

The training can be detailed, if you get hired at the right time. Beyond that there isn't much on the "good" side.

Cons

Upper management doesn't understand what is going on in their own offices. Every decision that is made negatively impacts the employees. Not a friendly environment. Upper management treats their staff poorly, and doesn't understand the needs of their staff. The main office hands down edicts that appear to be pulled out of thin air, that impact the business very negatively. I would not recommend Insight to anyone, business or employee. Update your resume if you are at Insight now.

Listen to your staff.

Update your Resumes

Former Employee - IT Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight

Pros

At one point, it was the people and the general work environment. At this point, I'd say it's just because you should be happy to have a job in this economy.

Cons

Insight was once a really good place to work: energetic, motivated and filled with bright people. Executive management was always a little chaotic, but at least there was a general idea of what we were trying to accomplish. That all changed around 2002 when the core business acquired Comark and the subsequent IBM takeover was completed. I've worked in a lot of different places, and it boggles my mind how many executives are needed here to run the company into the ground. Do they REALLY need a Chief People Officer? How about ANOTHER Senior Vice President in IT? Recently they layed off approximately 240 people. I know a few of them, and NOT ONE of them was a Senior VP or higher. Amazing. Yet the stock price hits an all-time low and the core business is shrinking. Maybe it's me, but someone should be held accountable for the mess, and yet they let staff level people go when things get bad. I'd seriously reconsider working here if you don't already.

Hold yourself accountable and stop blaming your staff level employees. Rich, you've had 5+ years to make your mark and all that has happened is you've increased the debt load dramatically, shrunk the core business, and watched the stock price flounder (even before the major market drop). Not to mention morale is at an all-time low. This company needs a sweeping overhaul of upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight