Insight

Update your Resume!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Insight

Pros

The training can be detailed, if you get hired at the right time. Beyond that there isn't much on the "good" side.

Cons

Upper management doesn't understand what is going on in their own offices. Every decision that is made negatively impacts the employees. Not a friendly environment. Upper management treats their staff poorly, and doesn't understand the needs of their staff. The main office hands down edicts that appear to be pulled out of thin air, that impact the business very negatively. I would not recommend Insight to anyone, business or employee. Update your resume if you are at Insight now.

Listen to your staff.

204 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Update your Resumes

Former Employee - IT Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight

Pros

At one point, it was the people and the general work environment. At this point, I'd say it's just because you should be happy to have a job in this economy.

Cons

Insight was once a really good place to work: energetic, motivated and filled with bright people. Executive management was always a little chaotic, but at least there was a general idea of what we were trying to accomplish. That all changed around 2002 when the core business acquired Comark and the subsequent IBM takeover was completed. I've worked in a lot of different places, and it boggles my mind how many executives are needed here to run the company into the ground. Do they REALLY need a Chief People Officer? How about ANOTHER Senior Vice President in IT? Recently they layed off approximately 240 people. I know a few of them, and NOT ONE of them was a Senior VP or higher. Amazing. Yet the stock price hits an all-time low and the core business is shrinking. Maybe it's me, but someone should be held accountable for the mess, and yet they let staff level people go when things get bad. I'd seriously reconsider working here if you don't already.

Hold yourself accountable and stop blaming your staff level employees. Rich, you've had 5+ years to make your mark and all that has happened is you've increased the debt load dramatically, shrunk the core business, and watched the stock price flounder (even before the major market drop). Not to mention morale is at an all-time low. This company needs a sweeping overhaul of upper management.

Mr. Fennessy is more concerned about the stock price of the company rather than the companies true health and future.

Current Employee - Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight

Pros

Insight is not a bad place to start your career. Compensation is fair and they are willing to bring on people who are newer but willing to learn. Benefits are average. Insight can at times be a very fun place to work.

Cons

Advancing at Insight is almost impossible. They tend to hire from the outside rather than promoting from within. They are also unwilling to admit mistakes and fix them. They are more apt to continue with the original plan rather than step back and make changes. New ideas from staff level are met with pessimism. Morale is at an all-time low.

Value the employees that make the company what it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight