No advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other than the free stuff they give away there isn't much to like about this company.

Cons

- I am severely overqualified for my position but cannot advance to a new position because I am not Mormon or an attractive female.
- You will have to work with people who are barely capable of chewing their own food let alone being in an advanced position that requires some actual thought and planning to do.
- They constantly push us to sell services and labs but the team that runs that and does the pricing for us is a bunch of inept idiots. They transferred someone from their labs in Chicago to help the reps but she has absolutely no idea what she is doing and should be working as a janitor before being in the role she is in.
- The "trainings" they make you go to several times per week are redundant and run by people who have no idea what we are supposed to sell.
- They make us push special products and services daily and require us to call our clients to try and push these things when it makes no sense for us to contact them.

Advice to Management

Management needs to reassess their jobs and realize that they should clean house and get rid of the people who are in the wrong positions. They need to get rid of all the people addicted to drugs and randomly drug test people because they are putting other employee's jobs in danger. Management needs to hire people who are qualified for the positions they have rather than putting anyone with a pulse, nice rack, or cute face in a position they are incapable of handling.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Starting Job

Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn Lots and good environment

Cons

Overworked with Little Pay and hard to move up

Advice to Management

Give people more routes for advancement, and when someone deserves a raise.. Give it to them.

Cult Culture lots of exploitation, Insight has no perception of success

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

as a sales rep you can earn 6 figures but only if you last

Cons

they favor a certain kind of person Rhymes with Norman.
    No salary increases, it actually decreases as your tenure grows
    commission payouts constantly change, rendering more hard work and less income. Many of the successful reps do not hit their goals because of their outrageous expectations,
    Prepare to be engulfed with unprofessional emails chains, unnecessary and redundant trainings, meaningless meetings
    micromanagement. They will time your bio - breaks and metrics are impossible.
    Few hours in the day actually spent selling
    poor culture
    no diversity
    high turnover

Advice to Management

Diversify. Diversify. Diversify! Stop hiring specific people irrelevant to their work history. Stop the nepotism, destroy the poor culture, listen to your reps, more indians less chiefs,