There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Used to be a career ,company now they are just a job.

Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team members are the best part of the company. The hours are not terrible and the facility is nice complete with a cafeteria.

Cons

Over the past 18 months the company has gone through a complete leadership change at the VP level. They are bringing in many executives who hit the ceiling with competitors such as CDW and putting them into leadership roles. Unfortunately this has added significant ego and ladder climbers to that level. I believe C level executives and board of directors are good but don't realize the determent the incoming executives are creating on the company. I voluntarily left at the point I realized I couldn't feel good about myself representing their brand. It used to be customers, company and employees were the top priorities. It now is VP's, Share holders, customers, company and then employees.

Advice to Management

Check the egos and actual records of VP's coming into the company. You have not brought in talent you have brought in someone else's baggage.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great pay for entry level, opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insight is a Fortune 500 company with a great company culture. Employees hired on automatically accrue sick pay, floating holidays and 2 weeks vacation. Their benefits package is decent and their company culture empowers their employees to manage their own business.

Cons

Opportunity for advancement has been discussed with me and my teammates, but no clear path within the company has been demonstrated.

Advice to Management

Set up training for employees that help them better understand the relationship Insight has with its customers and how to improve that relationship.

Service Leadership Disfunction

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company can sustain revenue from inside sales.
    Some individuals in leadership are concerned with personnel and revenue growth.

Cons

Current Senior Executive Leadership has not demonstrated the competencies required to lead an organization through revenue growth and the ability to compete and win customers.

Advice to Management

The Services sector has to determine a direction and effectively develop growth strategies, measure against plan and revise plans to mitigate risks and achieve the corporate goal.