Insight

www.insight.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Gone Downhill the last couple of years...

Current Employee - Web Sales Support in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Web Sales Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight

Pros

The people!! You will find the best people around you who are wonderfully helpful and genuine. They make going into work each day well worth it. I have formed quite a few lifetime friendships with the people I have worked with here at Insight.

Cons

The last two years have seen a huge downgrade in the staff with a lot of good folks who were good workers, shoved out the door in the lay-offs. Insight started to tap India for some of the work tasks. Overall they do try, but there are times when they just don't understand what you are trying to say/explain. It's frustrating. Management has taken on the stance that your working here is a privilge so any requests have to be put forward very carefully. You want to stay under the radar. It's not as good a place to work as it used to be, which is a pity. Financially I think the company can hang on through the coming years we have to get through, but it's going to take some intelligence!

Please pay attention to more than just the bottom line. One guy was laid off and now it takes 4 people stumbling around to try to do his job. It would have been more cost effective to have kept him. Think and really look at who is doing what and how well they are getting things done.

223 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Insight (NSIT) as a place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight

Pros

In my experience, micro-management was not an issue unless there was a real problem with a partner. Most of my experience in my early career with Insight was with knowledgeable, intelligent managers who pushed to achieve goals based on honesty and merit.

Cons

Internal politics, unqualified people promoted to positions of management (no degree beyond a high school diploma or any skills at being a manager other than dictating ideas via email from behind a desk), poor communication between upper management and employees and shrinking benefits. A turnover rate that is over 40% per year and a reliance on temporary employees, many of whom prefer to leave than stay at Insight.

Communicate honestly, with integrity to your employees. C-Level employees need to get out of their offices and engage with employees to get a transparent picture of what is happening "on the floor."

What are you really signing up for

Current Employee - Solutions Sales
    Current Employee - Solutions Sales

I have been working at Insight

Pros

The people that Insight tends to attract are great individuals with a lot of entrepreneurial spirit- especially in the sales division. The working environment is interactive and there is a lot of opportunity to meet with on site manufacturers and suppliers at the head quarters office. If you enjoy collaborating on sales efforts, Insight is a good place to build on those skills.

Cons

Sr. Management is not in tune with what is going on with those closer to the clients. Several of the companies they acquired (Ex: Calence) do not appreciate the culture of Insight talent and management to the level they should for a positive teaming environment. There is a lot of Corporate politics!!!

Give honest communications, feedback and encourage employees to grow professionally

There are newer employer reviews for Insight