Insight
www.insight.com Tempe, AZ 5000+ Employees

Gone Downhill the last couple of years...

Web Sales Support (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight

ProsThe people!! You will find the best people around you who are wonderfully helpful and genuine. They make going into work each day well worth it. I have formed quite a few lifetime friendships with the people I have worked with here at Insight.

ConsThe last two years have seen a huge downgrade in the staff with a lot of good folks who were good workers, shoved out the door in the lay-offs. Insight started to tap India for some of the work tasks. Overall they do try, but there are times when they just don't understand what you are trying to say/explain. It's frustrating. Management has taken on the stance that your working here is a privilge so any requests have to be put forward very carefully. You want to stay under the radar. It's not as good a place to work as it used to be, which is a pity. Financially I think the company can hang on through the coming years we have to get through, but it's going to take some intelligence!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay attention to more than just the bottom line. One guy was laid off and now it takes 4 people stumbling around to try to do his job. It would have been more cost effective to have kept him. Think and really look at who is doing what and how well they are getting things done.

Insight (NSIT) as a place to work

Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight

Pros: In my experience, micro-management was not an issue unless there was a real problem with a partner. Most of my… Cons: Internal politics, unqualified people promoted to positions of management (no degree beyond a high school diploma or any skills at being a manager other than… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate honestly, with integrity to your employees. C-Level employees need to get out of their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

What are you really signing up for

Solutions Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Insight

Pros: The people that Insight tends to attract are great individuals with a lot of entrepreneurial spirit- especially in the sales division. The working environment is… Cons: Sr. Management is not in tune with what is going on with those closer to the clients. Several of the companies they acquired (Ex: Calence)… Advice to Senior Management: Give honest communications, feedback and encourage employees to grow professionally More

There are newer reviews on Insight.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insight CEO Kenneth T. Lamneck. All reviews posted anonymously by Insight employees.