There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Great company to work for with a great culture.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great friendly corporate culture and it provides great opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

Constant changes are being made as company evolves into a more modernly managed corporation and some changes are prioritized over others making it difficult for some job tasks.

Advice to Management

Great job moving the company in the right direction.

Other Employee Reviews for Insight

Insight – a commodity reseller not a place to work in professional services

Former Employee - Project Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Insight introduced me to some nice contacts and gave me the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.

Cons

My initial experience with Insight was good, but it soured the longer I worked for them. It was upon resigning for a better opportunity I discovered how I was better off leaving them when I did. If one isn’t a resident of California, Massachusetts or Illinois, upon leaving Insight they forfeit all accrued PTO and comp time. Working for them, it was easy to see that the company is driven more by hardware and software sales than the services they sell. Additionally, the rate at which I saw top talent leaving Insight, over my tenure, was a sign that it wasn’t a place that was willing to compensate or take care of its people. I’ve had friends recruited by the firm, and I’ve provided them the same cautions.

Advice to Management

Improve compensation and benefits; move away from the commodities sales business model.

No room for advancement

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was stationed at a client site in the Tampa FL area 5 days a week. My boss who was not a technical guy what so ever never came around

Cons

There was no room for advancement and everything that upper management ever promised me such as raises and paying for certifications never happened. My job as a systems engineer was sort of a dead end job.