Insight

www.insight.com
  www.insight.com
There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Great company to work for with a great culture.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great friendly corporate culture and it provides great opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

Constant changes are being made as company evolves into a more modernly managed corporation and some changes are prioritized over others making it difficult for some job tasks.

Great job moving the company in the right direction.

203 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Insight – a commodity reseller not a place to work in professional services

Former Employee - Project Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for Insight introduced me to some nice contacts and gave me the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.

Cons

My initial experience with Insight was good, but it soured the longer I worked for them. It was upon resigning for a better opportunity I discovered how I was better off leaving them when I did. If one isn’t a resident of California, Massachusetts or Illinois, upon leaving Insight they forfeit all accrued PTO and comp time.

Working for them, it was easy to see that the company is driven more by hardware and software sales than the services they sell. Additionally, the rate at which I saw top talent leaving Insight, over my tenure, was a sign that it wasn’t a place that was willing to compensate or take care of its people. I’ve had friends recruited by the firm, and I’ve provided them the same cautions.

Improve compensation and benefits; move away from the commodities sales business model.

Used to be a career ,company now they are just a job.

Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The team members are the best part of the company. The hours are not terrible and the facility is nice complete with a cafeteria.

Cons

Over the past 18 months the company has gone through a complete leadership change at the VP level. They are bringing in many executives who hit the ceiling with competitors such as CDW and putting them into leadership roles. Unfortunately this has added significant ego and ladder climbers to that level. I believe C level executives and board of directors are good but don't realize the determent the incoming executives are creating on the company. I voluntarily left at the point I realized I couldn't feel good about myself representing their brand. It used to be customers, company and employees were the top priorities. It now is VP's, Share holders, customers, company and then employees.

Check the egos and actual records of VP's coming into the company. You have not brought in talent you have brought in someone else's baggage.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight