There are newer employer reviews for Insight

It works if you have an exit strategy

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Low stress, some very good people, good intro to sales

Cons

Call center mentality with weak middle management. Work ethic varies wildly among employees. Not much room for advancement. Change comp plan often.

Advice to Management

Retrain your managers

Other Employee Reviews for Insight

It (sort of) pays the bills for now

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Medical benefits *Fairly flexible schedule *Great networking opportunities *Free swag from partners *Learning how NOT to run a business *They'll hire anybody - seriously. My training class was bartenders, real estate guys, and retail cell phone sales people. Nobody besides me had an IT background.

Cons

*Piss-poor medical coverage for the price. This is more on the boneheads in DC though *No advancement if you aren't Mormon *Micromanaged, ridiculous metrics that are unattainable with the resources provided *Commission is TERRIBLE - they tack on so many adders you have to sell at almost no margin, and still won't beat any of your biggest competitors *Back-end rebates that are intended to help us drive prices down just go to line the executives' pockets *Hostile work environment - blatant favoritism/nepotism to the point it interferes with other folks' work, and then threats and hostile retaliation are the rewards HR whistleblowers receive *The line of crap they feed you in the interviews and training make it sound decent and get you excited. *New-hire sales trainers have never actually worked in sales, and openly admit it. Which explains why the training is so terrible. *Constant "trainings" and refresher courses - sometimes several in a single day, 4-5 days a week, which are just sales pitches from whichever manufacturer is in that day, not teaching anything, just pitching the product, which we're required to push on customers in return - which 99% of the time do not apply. I.e. - the requirement (in your quota now) to sell Microsoft licensing that has a minimum cutoff of 250 seats, while not one of your accounts has over 125 seats. And that's one of the less ridiculous scenarios. *More focused on executive bonuses, buying companies, and sending the good-ole-boy club (aka the Mormon constituency) on trips than actually providing VALUE - you know, the V part of VAR - to customers.

Advice to Management

Cut the BS and get up to date to be competitive. Reward hard work and knowledge.

2. Good place to work

Former Contractor - Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Contractor - Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

nice environment and good people

Cons

pay not good , no good facility