Good place to work

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

nice environment and good people

Cons

pay not good , no good facility

Other Reviews for Insight

It (sort of) pays the bills for now

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Medical benefits
    *Fairly flexible schedule
    *Great networking opportunities
    *Free swag from partners
    *Learning how NOT to run a business
    *They'll hire anybody - seriously. My training class was bartenders, real estate guys, and retail cell phone sales people. Nobody besides me had an IT background.

Cons

*Piss-poor medical coverage for the price. This is more on the boneheads in DC though
    *No advancement if you aren't Mormon
    *Micromanaged, ridiculous metrics that are unattainable with the resources provided
    *Commission is TERRIBLE - they tack on so many adders you have to sell at almost no margin, and still won't beat any of your biggest competitors
    *Back-end rebates that are intended to help us drive prices down just go to line the executives' pockets
    *Hostile work environment - blatant favoritism/nepotism to the point it interferes with other folks' work, and then threats and hostile retaliation are the rewards HR whistleblowers receive
    *The line of crap they feed you in the interviews and training make it sound decent and get you excited.
    *New-hire sales trainers have never actually worked in sales, and openly admit it. Which explains why the training is so terrible.
    *Constant "trainings" and refresher courses - sometimes several in a single day, 4-5 days a week, which are just sales pitches from whichever manufacturer is in that day, not teaching anything, just pitching the product, which we're required to push on customers in return - which 99% of the time do not apply. I.e. - the requirement (in your quota now) to sell Microsoft licensing that has a minimum cutoff of 250 seats, while not one of your accounts has over 125 seats. And that's one of the less ridiculous scenarios.
    *More focused on executive bonuses, buying companies, and sending the good-ole-boy club (aka the Mormon constituency) on trips than actually providing VALUE - you know, the V part of VAR - to customers.

Cut the BS and get up to date to be competitive. Reward hard work and knowledge.

Great company to work for with a great culture.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great friendly corporate culture and it provides great opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

Constant changes are being made as company evolves into a more modernly managed corporation and some changes are prioritized over others making it difficult for some job tasks.

Great job moving the company in the right direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!