Insight
www.insight.com Tempe, AZ 5000+ Employees

Good place to work, but don't look at this place as a place to stay for too long

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSomewhat flexible on when you show up for work. They want you there 8 hours a day, but depending on your manager somewhat flexible. Vendors throw parties and give away a ton of things to those who work hard selling their product. Sometimes you get free lunch by a vendor. You are allowed to have 2 beers for lunch if you go offsite.

ConsChanges to compensation happens almost every year. Upper Management always says its to help you make more money, but then they raise the quotas or change what buckets you have to hit to make more money. They promise things like "services" to customers but Insight has never been able to get the services part done right. They don't focus on small businesses so if you are new or in the Small Business division you get treated like the red headed step child.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing on keeping quality people there instead of changing the way they get paid every year. Also get to know your reps and find out what drives them and what they would like to do. I would start up the education program again and focus on getting more people certified in the different technology. If there is a sales rep that is CCNA certified or Microsoft Certified then his chances of selling more or help selling their product. Allow more reps to work from home part of the time.

Good Company and good people.

Product Manager (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: An interesting place to work. Depending upon your skills there… Cons: The previous Sr. Management did not have a clear vision of direction nor what would provide success for the organization. Fortunately the Sr. Management has… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Avoid this organization at all costs!

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you are fresh out of college and need industry… Cons: Poor, unprofessional management that will not support employees in fear of loosing their jobs. Extremely poor benefits package.… Advice to Senior Management: Staff the business appropriately and consider the needs of the customer, Terminate all middle management and start over with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Insight.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insight CEO Kenneth T. Lamneck. All reviews posted anonymously by Insight employees.