Insight

www.insight.com
There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Insight has a dynamic culture. The Sales Teams are knowledgeable, customer service oriented and professional.

Current Employee - Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training and growth opportunities. Management is supportive with regard to many aspects.

Cons

With the current technology, the ability to work from home would be a nice option, for more positions.

212 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Used to be good

Former Employee - Manufacturer Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Manufacturer Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Your coworkers are amazing, the only reason why I stayed so long. It paid the bills as long as I was being bonused, but if you specialize in a declining category and you're given growth goals guess what happens? You learn to live off your slim base salary.

Cons

People with no managerial experience are hired as managers. They make decisions that they really don't understand and they are not the ones that have to deal with the fall out due to those. They don't take the time to learn the business and it can be very frustrating for those who are in the day to day grind. I also had a manager prevent me from putting in for a promotion when there were no grounds to do so. When the person that was supposed to guide me and help build me instead destroyed me, after almost a decade at a place I once loved and never dreamt I would leave; I knew it was time to move on.

Hire managers because they have real world experience, not fancy degrees. Pay attention to NBD data and give realistic goals. If someone knows there is absolutely no way they can hit their quotas, they won't be motivated to work harder because what is the point? Give them something achievable and they will work harder for it.

Good place to work, but don't look at this place as a place to stay for too long

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible on when you show up for work. They want you there 8 hours a day, but depending on your manager somewhat flexible. Vendors throw parties and give away a ton of things to those who work hard selling their product. Sometimes you get free lunch by a vendor. You are allowed to have 2 beers for lunch if you go offsite.

Cons

Changes to compensation happens almost every year. Upper Management always says its to help you make more money, but then they raise the quotas or change what buckets you have to hit to make more money. They promise things like "services" to customers but Insight has never been able to get the services part done right. They don't focus on small businesses so if you are new or in the Small Business division you get treated like the red headed step child.

Start focusing on keeping quality people there instead of changing the way they get paid every year. Also get to know your reps and find out what drives them and what they would like to do. I would start up the education program again and focus on getting more people certified in the different technology. If there is a sales rep that is CCNA certified or Microsoft Certified then his chances of selling more or help selling their product. Allow more reps to work from home part of the time.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight