Insight
www.insight.com Tempe, AZ 5000+ Employees

Great starting point, then get out

Client Solutions Executive (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ

ProsIt's really easy to get hired into sales at Insight - every other halfway decent company may want you to have experience, so Insight is great place to start when you have NONE. It's basically where you go to pay your dues, or "serve your time" as many of us refer to it, so you can get tech sales experience and then move on to a better job.

Just look at it as a way to win free stuff and get some free lunches while networking with people who will all be working somewhere else someday soon and getting the experience you need to move on.

ConsThe sales training isn't very good so you're basically having to figure it out yourself.
Lots of cold calling.
Expectations and quotas are always changing.
Compensation plan is always changing as well, making it harder and harder for you to earn commission.
Upper management sets the direction and doesn't really care about how it affects the sales people, and your sales manager may care, but not enough to speak up for fear of losing his/her job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be an entire culture shift and I doubt that's likely to happen. The sales force drives the revenue of the business and yet gets screwed at every turn. Nobody feels like they can speak up about how they really feel for fear of just getting fired.

Used to be good

Manufacturer Sales Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Your coworkers are amazing, the only reason why I stayed so long. It paid the bills as long as I was being bonused, but… Cons: People with no managerial experience are hired as managers. They make decisions that they really don't understand and they are not the ones that have… Advice to Senior Management: Hire managers because they have real world experience, not fancy degrees. Pay attention to NBD data and give realistic goals. If someone knows there is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work, but don't look at this place as a place to stay for too long

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Somewhat flexible on when you show up for work. They want you there 8 hours a day, but depending on your manager somewhat flexible.… Cons: Changes to compensation happens almost every year. Upper Management always says its to help you make more money, but then they raise the quotas… Advice to Senior Management: Start focusing on keeping quality people there instead of changing the way they get paid every year. Also get to know your reps and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Insight.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insight CEO Kenneth T. Lamneck. All reviews posted anonymously by Insight employees.