There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Insight

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company, good people, diversified staff and core management.

Cons

Lacking in communication between sales and serivces

bring sales and serivce together

186 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

awful

Former Employee - Teir 2-Service Desk Analyst  in  Bloomingdale, IL
    Former Employee - Teir 2-Service Desk Analyst in Bloomingdale, IL

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people i was in the trenches with were the reason i stayed so long

Cons

every management post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out its duties. work is accomplished by lower level employees. Lower level employees must manage upwards. lower level employees that outshine superiors are frowned upon in his establishment.

I had six bosses. Six. So that means that when I made a mistake, I had six different people coming by to tell me about it. When I started i was gung ho about using my talent and experience to help turn around a struggling department. By the time "my position was eliminated" my only real motivation was not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired. In the end of course I was let go by people who had no idea what the words managed services mean after the company lost 3 major accounts.

Thankfully, the client I served as a team lead for and who knew my work better then my employer, had not renewed their contract and offered me a position the minute i was available. Insight is a short sighted company with a HUGE turnover rate in management. Good place holder job but dont stay long

Good organization overall with quality people, but Insight still had plenty of room for improvement.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to start for entry-level IT sales. Allows reps to understand the ins and outs of the industry and sales.

Cons

Too much of a divide between senior decision-makers and the reps on the floor. Comp. plan seemed to change annually and not usually in favor of the reps.

Eliminate (or improve) middle-management. Company decisions need to understand the daily workday of their reps.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!