Insight

There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Positioned to succeed

Current Employee - Manager in Bloomingdale, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Bloomingdale, IL

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Getting rid of dead weight. Floodgates opening with vendors and long term clients.

Cons

More fat has to be trimmed. There are still many folks performing at mediocre levels.

Stay the course. Keep thinking long term.

203 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

We are great at recruitment!

Former Employee - Network Architect in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Network Architect in Miami, FL

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company, good benefits. Frequent re-organizations teaches flexibility. Always pays on time. They have a process for everything!

Cons

Large company, and you get lost in the shuffle. You are just a number to management. There is a culture of always watching behind your back, because you never know who has the next knife. The Insight values mean nothing. They are great at recruitment since they are always having to replace employees!

Stop the fighting between teams within the company. Cultivate the best out of people, not the people that are best at discord. Talk to those people who are leaving, there is a culture issue.

Interesting but a confusing place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Talented Engineers, peers mentor other staff. If you like to travel there is plenty of opportunity. Steady work with no overtime or oncall work after hours perfect for someone with a family.

Cons

Worked for 6 years at Insight in St. Paul. Entire support staff of 4-6 Engineers eliminated. Found same position at another company paid $35k more a year for the same work. I should have moved on 5 years earlier. Company was profit oriented at all times and did not value their staff.

Every Engineer I speak with that were X-Insight engineers tell the same story. Never again will I work for that company at any cost. Don't see a future for Insight, anywhere. Time for Insight to go out of business, they don't bring any value to any customer. Getting rid of Senior Engineers doesn't make good business sense. What goes around comes around. Goodbye Insight, hopefully people that read this will pass on working at your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight