There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Great people. Horrible management

I worked at Insight

Pros

Great people to work with. Management says all the right things.

Cons

Management is so clueless and disconnected as to what is happening in the company and what needs to be done. They keep talking about fixing it to prevent the turnover.

Stop taking away benefits. Start listening to your employees.

185 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Boastful, cocky, uptight, and uncaring

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment. Insight likes to have fun at work. They do pretty creative fun (free) activities to keep you motivated to sell, sell, sell.

Cons

Shaky leadership, bad management, horrible HR policies. Horrible medical benefits.

Give better direction for your employees. Do not put your employees in debt for medical bills. You should be able to provide better insurance for your employees since you're a Fortune 500 company and make more that $5b in revenues per year. Work with your employees so you won't have such a high turnover. Senior management was shifted around before I left. I really think this company should utilize some type of internal affairs department to ensure their employees are being treated fairly. Implement policies that would encourage your employees to stay motivated to work hard for your company. Do not penalize people because they do not fit the mold or perfect in every way. You're only as good as the investment that you put into your talent and your clients can see that and there is no sales script that can disguise that.

This company only had a high deductible plan with a $3,000 deductible plan at the time I was employed there. Lets be honest if your start your employee with $30-$40K starting salary how do you expect to pay an insurance premium and $3000 before it pays anything? Also if you say that benefits start in 30 days please stop using that misleading statement because it could get you in trouble. For example, we waited 30 days to select benefits, pay premiums for another 30 days, then was able to utilize the benefits after another 30 days. People, that's waiting 90 days for benefits.

I believe there is opportunity to move around and acquire other skills to move in other areas of the company. There are certification programs available to you while you are there. Please take advantage of this training as I believe this is very helpful to your sales career there.

Insight does a fair amount of fun activities that will keep you energized for the short term.

Please make your sales managers support your new hires better rather than sell or drown tactics. I cannot tell you how many times I had to depend on a veteran sales rep on critical issues for my clients.

However I like the CEO of the company and I believe he will take this company in the right direction over the long haul.

Field Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Insight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, excellent compensation plan, superb infrastructure. Terrific perks and good management. Definitely a place where you would want to work.

Cons

Resistant to change even if change is in their best interest. They are a VAR and VAR they will stay ... at the mercy of their vendors. They "say" they do services but it is limited to break/fix. Missing the boat on powerful revenue generating practice.

Need to embrace services as part of their growth strategy. Because Insight is so tied to their vendors, Insight is at their mercy. Management should consider branching out in terms of service offerings so they have better margins and better control over their destiny.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!