Insight

3 years of near hell

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight

Pros

Some good people, great opportunities if you are Mormon, I know a lot of reps that make great money, but you have to be able to survive 3-5 years of very little pay and volitile sales until you can build your book.

Cons

Terrible middle management, endless useless campaigns, metrics based on how many clients you called about the topic of the week, slow order entry terrible CRM system, true call center no freedom to visit clients and build relationships, I have witnessed Insight pull major accounts from seasoned reps for "Market Purity"

Listen to your employees. You claim to make attempts of this but nothing is never done.. Part of listening is TAKING ACTION. Ken is making some good changes but they have a loooooooooong way to go

204 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Insight is a good for a job but such a lack of discipline from a sales company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

I have been working at Insight

Pros

Insight is good where it is very large and easy to learn new things. Management is a little bit flexible when you need personal issues as well. Not a bad place for a JOB.

Cons

There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much. There are a lot of people as well who seem to be on "cruise control" as well where they don't make the extra effort. A lot of people are more concerned about covering their own *ss. There doesn't seem to be very much unity and being in one of the larger offices that's not HQ, it seems like there is no "love" in the different offices unless you are in HQ.

Have management who are more competent and respond better. There are some managers who aren't even in the office who are barely working. By having more accountability and encouragement from the managers, I feel like employees would be more happy. Have managers work with team mates more to self promote and move forward and promote their careers instead of having that feeling of being stuck with no where to go.

Poor feedback on performance

Former Employee - Technology in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technology in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight

Pros

Decent pay, Good benefits, Flexible shift

Cons

No performance review or raise in the year I was an employee

There are newer employer reviews for Insight