Insituform Technologies
www.insituform.com Chesterfield, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great industry - on paper.

Engineer (Current Employee)
Chesterfield, MO

ProsThe company's line of business is noble - repairing and maintaining aging infrastructure. It would seem at face value to be a high growth, in demand line of business. Somehow the company never really manages to fully capitalize on the potential.

ConsPay is average at best. The engineering group is exceptionally inflexible from a schedule standpoint - unless it's the employee's time, that is. Employees are expected to travel on their time (weekends are best), stay in cheap accommodations, and eat as cheaply as possible, and still show up on Friday when their flight gets back in (and you had better schedule the earliest flight back in that you can). Comp time is unheard of. Company seems to be in constant disarray from a organizational standpoint.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have an MBA, so I'm not qualified to comment on management. One of the biggest challenges is probably to stop the flow of talented, experienced people out of the company and into its competitors. Insituform has trained the top people of practically every other company in the CIPP industry.

Accounting (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Insituform Technologies

Pros: If you are in engineering, this is a great place… Cons: Accounting does not treat or pay its employees very well… Advice to Senior Management: I know management never listens, but please consider what your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Easily my worst job ever

Field Engineer (Former Employee)
    Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Insituform Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros: The company will happily give you the tools you need… Cons: Absolutely horrible management with no people skills. Completely toxic, accusational, harsh workplace. Everyone hates their lives when they work here. I dreaded going into work… Advice to Senior Management: Don't even ask. Hire people who are competent and don't treat them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Insituform Technologies.

Worked for Insituform Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insituform Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insituform Technologies CEO John J. (Joe) Burgess. All reviews posted anonymously by Insituform Technologies employees.