Insituform Technologies

www.insituform.com
  www.insituform.com
There are newer employer reviews for Insituform Technologies

Great industry - on paper.

Current Employee - Engineer in Chesterfield, MO
Current Employee - Engineer in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Insituform Technologies

Pros

The company's line of business is noble - repairing and maintaining aging infrastructure. It would seem at face value to be a high growth, in demand line of business. Somehow the company never really manages to fully capitalize on the potential.

Cons

Pay is average at best. The engineering group is exceptionally inflexible from a schedule standpoint - unless it's the employee's time, that is. Employees are expected to travel on their time (weekends are best), stay in cheap accommodations, and eat as cheaply as possible, and still show up on Friday when their flight gets back in (and you had better schedule the earliest flight back in that you can). Comp time is unheard of. Company seems to be in constant disarray from a organizational standpoint.

I don't have an MBA, so I'm not qualified to comment on management. One of the biggest challenges is probably to stop the flow of talented, experienced people out of the company and into its competitors. Insituform has trained the top people of practically every other company in the CIPP industry.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Insituform Technologies (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Insituform Technologies

Pros

If you are in engineering, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Accounting does not treat or pay its employees very well and there is no room for advancement in the company.

I know management never listens, but please consider what your employees contribute.

Easily my worst job ever

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Insituform Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company will happily give you the tools you need to do your job. That's it. There was nothing else good.

Cons

Absolutely horrible management with no people skills. Completely toxic, accusational, harsh workplace. Everyone hates their lives when they work here. I dreaded going into work every single day I worked there, absolutely no exceptions. Was talked down to and belittled every day that my manager was in the office, which wasn't very often. No mentorship or training whatsoever. Would never EVER work here again.

Don't even ask. Hire people who are competent and don't treat them like crap. Stop trying to belittle your employees on a daily basis.

There are newer employer reviews for Insituform Technologies