Insituform Technologies

A good place to be...

Current Employee - IT Staff in Chesterfield, MO
Current Employee - IT Staff in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Insituform Technologies

Pros

If you have the right boss, you have tremendous support and opportunities for learning. The people that you work with can be absolutely wonderful and that makes all the difference between wanting to go to work and needing to go to work.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments and from upper management to the rest of the employees. It's not as bad as I've seen it but it's not good by any stretch either. The fact that they are a publicly traded company is a downside from this point of view because it puts management in a position where they need to hold their cards close to the vest instead of communicating honestly with staff.

Please be more open with employees, be more accessible. And communicate the bad news as well as the good news.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Insituform Technologies (View Most Recent)

Needs work, but will get the job done.

I have been working at Insituform Technologies

Pros

The people that work here are hard working and provide a very friendly atmosphere in which to work. This is also an extremely interesting industry.

Cons

Corporate overhead is too large.

Think about the irony of referring to us as "Subordinates", when you talk about how we are a team.
    It appears as though management has a "Don't stick your neck out" policy about desicion making. This does not work for a company that wants to keep it's position a leader in our industry.

Great industry - on paper.

Current Employee - Engineer in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Insituform Technologies

Pros

The company's line of business is noble - repairing and maintaining aging infrastructure. It would seem at face value to be a high growth, in demand line of business. Somehow the company never really manages to fully capitalize on the potential.

Cons

Pay is average at best. The engineering group is exceptionally inflexible from a schedule standpoint - unless it's the employee's time, that is. Employees are expected to travel on their time (weekends are best), stay in cheap accommodations, and eat as cheaply as possible, and still show up on Friday when their flight gets back in (and you had better schedule the earliest flight back in that you can). Comp time is unheard of. Company seems to be in constant disarray from a organizational standpoint.

I don't have an MBA, so I'm not qualified to comment on management. One of the biggest challenges is probably to stop the flow of talented, experienced people out of the company and into its competitors. Insituform has trained the top people of practically every other company in the CIPP industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Insituform Technologies