Insituform Technologies

Head Games

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Insituform Technologies

Pros

Good location...clean offices (at least the ones that have been renovated). Big player in their industry, should be one with upside.

Cons

Very political. Inept HR team. Poor executive leadership. Favoritism, back room deals run rampant in promotion discussions. Even those with years of strong service tossed aside for political gain.

Learn more about your own team by talking to those a few levels down. Show appreciation for those that do the actual work.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Insituform Technologies (View Most Recent)

A good place to be...

Current Employee - IT Staff in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - IT Staff in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Insituform Technologies

Pros

If you have the right boss, you have tremendous support and opportunities for learning. The people that you work with can be absolutely wonderful and that makes all the difference between wanting to go to work and needing to go to work.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments and from upper management to the rest of the employees. It's not as bad as I've seen it but it's not good by any stretch either. The fact that they are a publicly traded company is a downside from this point of view because it puts management in a position where they need to hold their cards close to the vest instead of communicating honestly with staff.

Please be more open with employees, be more accessible. And communicate the bad news as well as the good news.

Needs work, but will get the job done.

I have been working at Insituform Technologies

Pros

The people that work here are hard working and provide a very friendly atmosphere in which to work. This is also an extremely interesting industry.

Cons

Corporate overhead is too large.

Think about the irony of referring to us as "Subordinates", when you talk about how we are a team.
    It appears as though management has a "Don't stick your neck out" policy about desicion making. This does not work for a company that wants to keep it's position a leader in our industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Insituform Technologies