Insperity

www.insperity.com
  www.insperity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Insperity

Ten years in the IT department of Administaff (Insperity)

Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Kingwood, TX
Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic work environment; Excellent talent recruitment; Forward-thinking IT budgets & planning

Cons

There weren't many. As the company started expanding in the two years leading up to the Insperity re-brand, it began to lose the "small-company" attitude & culture that really differentiated it from other Fortune 500 companies.

The termination/lay-off process could definitely use some work. Otherwise, I generally found the management at Insperity to be talented, good people who listened to their employees. My best advice would be to keep up that trend.

196 Other Employee Reviews for Insperity (View Most Recent)

Stay far, far away!!

Former Employee - Business Performance Advisor in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Business Performance Advisor in Waltham, MA

I worked at Insperity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Base salary, benefits, opportunity, outside sales opportunity, brand recognition

Cons

Micro-management, Local DM does not have any leadership skills. Such a great company, and there have been 7 of the 15 sales reps leave in the past 6 months due to lack of leadership.

Really take a look at local management. Company as a whole is great, but locally there is no motivation. Really in the sales prevention business and it is unfortunate. I really liked my time at Insperity, and if the local manager was better with leadership I would still be closing business there.

The Two Longest Years of My Life

Former Employee - Client Liaison
    Former Employee - Client Liaison

I worked at Insperity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits package is competitive.
    Corporate emphasis on charitable work - hours spent volunteering are tracked (if you want - you don't have to participate) and an award is given monthly/quarterly/yearly to the employee who spent the most time volunteering.

Cons

More corporate red tape than I thought had been possible to manufacture since the beginning of time. There are meetings about meetings. It's endless. Team meetings, peer meetings, manager meetings, and this is of course on top of client meetings which are incredibly rigidly structured - i was a client liaison and could recite certain meetings by heart - the ones to which management came. When I was alone, working with my clients, we got things done because w just DID things, rather than planned and listed and... you get the point. It is the most corporate place I have EVER worked. Not in a good way. The forms! Dear Gd, the forms....

Let your employees WORK. Stop taking up their time with busy, "corporate culture", forms-filling, time wasting stuff. Your employees were hired for a reason. Within reasonable parameters, of course, give them the freedom to use their time develop relationships with clients and really understand their needs, rather than crafting a 16-page report that no client ever reads (really, they don't. I asked.

There are newer employer reviews for Insperity