Very satisfied broker

Current Employee - Insurance Broker in Gulfport, MS
Current Employee - Insurance Broker in Gulfport, MS

I have been working at Insphere Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insphere is on the cutting edge of the insurance business. Ranked # 14 in the world as a brokerage firm. No hidden agendas, no "pie in the sky" promises. If you work, you get paid very well. Sure it's 100% commission...they tell you that upfront. But I have found making $1000.00 a week very reasonable when I make sales. If you aren't willing to put in 40 hours a week (that's expected everywhere else) you won't make money.

Cons

For those just coming into the insurance business, more product training is needed. Also, there was very little "field training" given to me. I was taken on one appointment with my sales leader, then was expected to be able to do it on my own. Luckily, I had experience and did well. Others, especially younger, "green" agents need more in-house and field training.

Advice to Management

I think I just mentioned it above in the "con" section. We, at Insphere, have just had some managerial changes that I believe are all for the better. Some of the older managers were let go due to questionable work ethics. Some younger managers were let go for not being what they were getting paid to be...a manager.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Get paid what you are really worth

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Cromwell, CT
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Cromwell, CT

I have been working at Insphere Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid what you are worth. It's not hard to to earn $50k-$60k and if you stick with it for 3-5 years, you can be earning $75k-$100k. You also get to compete in carrier contests and earn an additional $3k-$15k per quarter in bonuses (on top of commissions paid). It's super easy to earn the $3k bonus and takes a little effort for the $5k bonus.

Cons

It's straight commission. You don't get paid if you aren't writing new business. Also, there is no corporate style job benefits such as health insurance, 401k contributions. There are stock options though.

Advice to Management

You should offer some sort of corporate style benefit - at least to those that work the business.

Independent Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Independent Insurance Agent in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Independent Insurance Agent in Irving, TX

I have been working at Insphere Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Largest insurance broker in the U.S. Business model and commitments from executive staff is excellent.

Cons

Field training of new agents needs to be restructured.

Advice to Management

Improvement of field training of new agents will strengthen sales performance and reduce high turn-over rate of new agents.