There are newer employer reviews for Instaclick

Professionalism? What professionalism??

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Instaclick

Pros

-Casual dress code
-Relaxed environment
-Fun monthly team building activities/lunch
-Good exposure to various types of technology
-Excellent benefits where it covers 100% of pretty much everything
-People are generally very nice and friendly

Cons

Let me just start by saying that my beef isn't with the people that I worked with, but it's with the laughable management team of this company.

-Extremely unprofessional work environment
-Profanities flying left right and center
-Horrible/complete lack of leadership
-Zero direction and guidance from direct manager
-Zero feedback from management
-Zero training provided
-Extremely cliquey
-Management doesn't know how to delegate
-Joke of a performance review. Basically, you'll be told you're doing great, but next thing you know, you're terminated for no good reason
-Don't expect HR to have your back, they'll be on the manager's side and terminate you for reporting problems to them. So in essence, they are completely useless

Please train your middle management. They need training badly because they really have no clue in how to manage properly. And I honestly doubt any of them has any real people management experience. And the attempt to befriend your staff is not a good strategy either.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Instaclick (View Most Recent)

I Enjoyed My Time Working There!

I worked at Instaclick full-time for more than a year

Pros

I always do a little research for applying for a new job and though Instaclick got a few bad raps by ex-employers, I still gave the company a shot, as I'm a little optimistic; plus I also need the extra money. Unlike other jobs in the past, I never felt any kind of stress while working here, but I worked there for just over two years and never once did I felt any stress. Typically when I started other jobs, I would have a supervisor or two breathing down my neck every five minutes, but Instaclick gave me some independence. Once the basic training was finished everything was smooth sailing. The workload never felt demanding, as the most projects I was assigned was three to four.

My reasons for taking the job was mostly just to get a paycheck and a new entry in my job resume, but I wasn't expecting to leave the company making a few new friends with the the employees and even a few supervisors. I also learned many new skills while working there. The supervisors were very understanding and helped me when I either had a question or a problem about whatever projects I was working on that day. I never once felt under-appreciated and I always felt like part of the team.

Cons

I wish there were slightly longer lunch breaks. Sure there was plenty of time to eat my lunch, but sometimes I was still hunger and didn't have enough time to eat dessert. There needs to be more water cooler and coffee machine breaks, as I loved talking with my co-workers and listening to what projects they were working on. The office chairs aren't the best; they're just your typical office chairs, but I need something with a little bit more back support.

The only advice I have for the upper management men and women is that they should continue their great work. With my previous job, I never met the senior managements, but I met these guys all the time. They would come down from their offices and socialize with the all the workers, as they all wanted our feedback on your jobs. They're great to work with.

A Surprisingly Good First Time Job Opportunity

I worked at Instaclick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For the six or so months leading up to being hired by Instaclick, I was on the ropes as far as job prospects looked. Considering that my experience was lacking – read none – leading up to my interview, I wasn't exactly optimistic about making the cut. Sure, I had some education on my side, but enjoying scholarships and grants without getting any part-time work or internships really put me behind the curve when it came time to find a job. Thankfully, Instaclick was willing to hear my personal sales pitch and valued creativity and drive in its prospective employees – a reoccurring theme during my entire time there.

After getting into a rhythm with the hustle and bustle that comes with a daily nine to five, I started growing immensely as a professional. Sure, there were a few speed bumps along the way, but the best thing about working at Instaclick, for me at least, was having management that I could go to when I felt stressed or unsure about the direction of my daily and long-term work. After looking at some of the horror stories on this site for other companies, it's unfortunate that this kind of open and honest discussion and guidance is the exception and not the rule in so many industries.

Cons

As far as the negatives go, two things stand out to me. First is the parking predicament that you've probably seen on some of the other reviews. However, it's kind of hard to deal with that type of issue considering the layout of the building and the surrounding areas, but what can you really do about that?

Aside from the sketchy parking situation, the workload can be a little daunting if you're not motivated. Again, this one's more of a personal issue, but for the lazy ones out there – myself included at times – you can't slip through the cracks like you could at other jobs. It might be a little odd to add this to the cons section since it's just management trying to keep up with the massive workload that comes in, but it's an honest concern for those of you who are looking for a free ride on the gravy train.

If I could tell management anything, it's to never take the focus of off the workers. Although I've gone in a different direction with my career plans, I can only hope to find another company that helps make things as comfortable for first time employees as Instaclick. Oh and one more thing; they could use more cookies at the snack bar. Sure, apples and oranges are better for your health, but there are just some days when you need a good cookie to make it closing time.

There are newer employer reviews for Instaclick

Worked for Instaclick? Contribute to the Community!