There are newer employer reviews for Instaclick

Frustrating

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Instaclick full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, easy work, little contact with peers (if that's your thing)

Cons

Bad management, no clear goals, lack of training, you must be friends with management if you don't want to get fired/be disciplined when something goes wrong, lack of promotions, rampant nepotism

Listen to your people and give them help when they need it. Don't criticize when it's not valid, and try to appreciate them more

41 Other Employee Reviews for Instaclick (View Most Recent)

Professionalism? What professionalism??

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Instaclick

Pros

-Casual dress code
    -Relaxed environment
    -Fun monthly team building activities/lunch
    -Good exposure to various types of technology
    -Excellent benefits where it covers 100% of pretty much everything
    -People are generally very nice and friendly

Cons

Let me just start by saying that my beef isn't with the people that I worked with, but it's with the laughable management team of this company.

-Extremely unprofessional work environment
    -Profanities flying left right and center
    -Horrible/complete lack of leadership
    -Zero direction and guidance from direct manager
    -Zero feedback from management
    -Zero training provided
    -Extremely cliquey
    -Management doesn't know how to delegate
    -Joke of a performance review. Basically, you'll be told you're doing great, but next thing you know, you're terminated for no good reason
    -Don't expect HR to have your back, they'll be on the manager's side and terminate you for reporting problems to them. So in essence, they are completely useless

Please train your middle management. They need training badly because they really have no clue in how to manage properly. And I honestly doubt any of them has any real people management experience. And the attempt to befriend your staff is not a good strategy either.

I Enjoyed My Time Working There!

I worked at Instaclick full-time for more than a year

Pros

I always do a little research for applying for a new job and though Instaclick got a few bad raps by ex-employers, I still gave the company a shot, as I'm a little optimistic; plus I also need the extra money. Unlike other jobs in the past, I never felt any kind of stress while working here, but I worked there for just over two years and never once did I felt any stress. Typically when I started other jobs, I would have a supervisor or two breathing down my neck every five minutes, but Instaclick gave me some independence. Once the basic training was finished everything was smooth sailing. The workload never felt demanding, as the most projects I was assigned was three to four.

My reasons for taking the job was mostly just to get a paycheck and a new entry in my job resume, but I wasn't expecting to leave the company making a few new friends with the the employees and even a few supervisors. I also learned many new skills while working there. The supervisors were very understanding and helped me when I either had a question or a problem about whatever projects I was working on that day. I never once felt under-appreciated and I always felt like part of the team.

Cons

I wish there were slightly longer lunch breaks. Sure there was plenty of time to eat my lunch, but sometimes I was still hunger and didn't have enough time to eat dessert. There needs to be more water cooler and coffee machine breaks, as I loved talking with my co-workers and listening to what projects they were working on. The office chairs aren't the best; they're just your typical office chairs, but I need something with a little bit more back support.

The only advice I have for the upper management men and women is that they should continue their great work. With my previous job, I never met the senior managements, but I met these guys all the time. They would come down from their offices and socialize with the all the workers, as they all wanted our feedback on your jobs. They're great to work with.

There are newer employer reviews for Instaclick

Worked for Instaclick? Contribute to the Community!