There are newer employer reviews for Instart Logic

Refreshingly open, honest, and humble, management team

Current Employee - Technical  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Technical in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management:
I was struck by the management team's blend of friendly and respectful, yet candid, open, and forthright communication and interaction with the employees. This is not my first startup, and so far, the management team has impressed me more than the others. I feel this cannot be overstated: The culture of the company trickles down from the top; these guys are doing a great job. My hat is off to them for adhering to their humble and authentic character. Additionally, I feel they are management the business and financial health of the company very well.

Compensation:
   Salary; in comparing offers from other companies in the past 6 months or so, I put Instart at or near the top of the scale *for a startup* at its stage of growth (50-100 people). Equity; its a startup in Silicon Valley, negotiate as appropriate :-)
   Benefits; very good to great - again, this is not a Google-sized operation, and so it would be irrational to expect benefits on par with an operation of that scope. Nonetheless, snacks and drinks are always in stock, coffee is available in a variety of formats, and lunch is provided three days a week...also Friday afternoon hangouts with food and drink are really nice.

Culture:
    As stated in the Management section, above, Culture starts there. And so far, it has been refreshingly pleasing. The understanding that as a genuine startup, in strong growth mode, we all need to enmesh with the lifestyle to a large degree (after-hours, weekends, backing up co-workers that may be ill or otherwise.
   For employees, taking ownership (literally and figuratively) in a startup, by joining the company, is a bit like getting a puppy… You have to look after it night and day…teach it how and where to do its business, not to jump on the guests, etc…but ultimately, if it is not working out, you can put an ad on craigslist or take it back to the pound. If you love it, you will keep it and make it a sudo-member of your family…hopefully :-)
  For the founders, the situation is much more like having or adopting a child..with all the increases in stress this brings… So far, these guys are doing it right.

Work:
   There are lots of things to do, work hard, make it successful; I have the distinct feeling my fate is in my own hands…as is the company’s: We seem to be forging our own path… I love it.

Work Life Balance: See above. Depending upon one's role, the balance is tipped more or less (but always) toward work...It is a success-oriented startup after all.
   The managing team has done a great job providing the resources and talent necessary...and places their trust in the team to bring it all together. This means one may or may not find the need to step up and put forth additional effort. With risk (and effort) comes reward.

Cons

Most of the cons are wrapped up in the nature of a successful startup: work hard, ownership of one or more hats.... So I guess my summery is: I do not recommend working here if you are looking for a boring job that you can put on a shelf at 5pm each week day. It is a startup, so there is always a risk of its failure.

Stay Authentic to yourself, and honest to your employees. Your attitude and demeanor have been impressive. You have made me *want* to be a part of your endeavor. Also, look inward for process development; don't reinvent the wheel where the wheel can work great promotion into new roles. You have some great folks with a lot of experience and perspective; leverage them to build a strong company cultural framework.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Instart Logic (View Most Recent)

Everyone is very welcoming and friendly.

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a growing company with lots of possibilities to move up. It's a fun environment and everyone is very inviting. You get a free lunch every Mon, Weds and Friday. Happy hour every Friday at 4pm. Always tons of snacks and beverages in the kitchen. No weekends. Work Monday through Friday. Get a chance to work with all types of people.

Cons

None I can think of.

Instart Logic: a terrific place to work

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a classic start-up environment but with the best execution I've ever seen. The developers are heavy on the technical chops but there's no egomania. The exec team is great, the network operations team is amazing. They are fielding a potentially game-changing technology to deliver websites with better performance, and getting great customer traction. Never before been in a start-up that within a year of emerging from stealth not only has paying customers, but has had a five-fold increase in the customer list in that time. The combination of something truly new in the space, the quality of the staff, and the attention we're getting keeps working here exciting and promising. Pay is good, benefits are good.

Cons

Some of the classic downsides - always too much work to do and not enough people to do it - but that could apply to any tech company of any size, not just a startup. The current office has also kind of reached its handling capacity, which makes it a little hard, especially when you need a conference room or need to use the bathroom -- but the management is actively seeking new quarters.

There are newer employer reviews for Instart Logic

Worked for Instart Logic? Contribute to the Community!