There are newer employer reviews for Institute of Professional Practice

Entry Level

I worked at Institute of Professional Practice

Pros

Extensive training, constructive criticism. opportunity for growth if you have a MA

Cons

traveling, physically taxing at times, depending on the school, it might be a little complicated

6 Other Employee Reviews for Institute of Professional Practice (View Most Recent)

Depends of what house you are placed in

Former Employee - Residential Counselor
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor

I worked at Institute of Professional Practice full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Decent Health insurance
    - Independence in daily activities

Cons

- Some managers and employees can get away with anything depending on who they know
    - Don't follow their own policies
    - Turn a blind eye in some cases to bad situations
    - Mediocre pay

Actually listen to your employees. Don't take everything the manager says at face value. Some of the managers are not good people and shouldn't be in this field. Don't fire people for no reason and leave the houses completely short staffed. Don't let employee's that have been here for 10+ years get away with everything including terrorizing the newbies. If you hear allegations of abuse/neglect--investigate it like you are suppose to.

It's an ok company to start with, but I would not stay here for an extended period of time.

A great place to work

Current Employee - ABA Therapist
    Current Employee - ABA Therapist

I have been working at Institute of Professional Practice

Pros

A rewarding company and a rewarding job. I am always well respected by my superiors, and I frequently receive feedback on my performance. Since it's a helping profession, all of the employees are friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The company is pretty disorganized, and will send you to another school last minute if your primary child is absent. Also, they always seem to be understaffed.

I have none.

There are newer employer reviews for Institute of Professional Practice

Worked for Institute of Professional Practice? Contribute to the Community!