Instron
www.instron.com Norwood, MA

A great company if you can wade through the politics

(Former Employee)

ProsIntelligent workforce, interesting products, worldwide presence, nice benefits, very stable. If you're looking for a career for 20 years this is a fine place to be, especially if you're a hard worker and a superstar talent. The sky is truly the limit.

ConsPolitics. Most of the company seems hinged on ladder climbing over substance, resulting in slow progress and wasted effort. The best talent seems to leave after a few years, while the weaker talent plants roots.

They pay on the low side, which is funny since they hire lots of contractors at high rates who accomplish little.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage people to apply more focus to the work at hand than the next promotion.

Good company to work for.

High Wycombe, England (UK)

I have been working at Instron

Pros: Technical expertise, world leaders, a lot of effort in communicating with employees, award winners of "Investors… Cons: The building needs refurbishment and modernisation, the environment is not very appealing, cleaners are not doing a good job and are left unsupervised, food at… Advice to Senior Management: Assign a variety of tasks to people to spread knowledge… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Instron is a diverse work place with great people.

I have been working at Instron full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The best reason to work at Instron is the people. They are diverse and caring. The diversity… Cons: We are learning to be more agile in our approach. We… More
There are newer reviews on Instron.

Worked for Instron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Instron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Instron CEO Steve Martindale. All reviews posted anonymously by Instron employees.