There are newer employer reviews for Insurity

Mediocre company to work for

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Santa Barbara, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Insurity

Pros

Good benefits, salary is fair

Cons

poor bonuses, lousy communications, politics

Advice to Management

come up with a real strategy; not a number. How do you plan on getting there.

reviews filtered by
  1. Learning something new every day

I have been working at Insurity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’m a long term employee who has held various positions here at Insurity throughout the years – including developer, technical lead and management positions. Quite frankly, the thing I love most about working here is meeting the challenges of a fast paced environment where everyone at all levels/job functions has a direct impact and influence on the successful implementations and ongoing support for our customers. The people who work here are among the brightest and most innovative in both the insurance and technical sectors. Being part of such a highly talented and capable team where I feel like I learn something new every day and my input is valued has kept me on my toes, satisfied and very challenged through the years.
    We are a unique software company in that we are focused on both product/tool development as well as customer implementations of our base product. A lot of competitors in our industry focus on either one or the other. If you are the type that flourishes in a fast paced environment, embraces the uniqueness of our business and enjoys the constant focus on providing great customer service, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Its hard to come up with cons for me personally, but I suppose people who do not want to be challenged every day might see my pros section as a con.

2. So far so good, after 9 months still enjoy coming to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing fast and has many opportunities for growth; there are a lot of new faces in the 9 months that I have worked here. Compensation is competitive and the benefits are good. This is my first full time job in 20 years having been self-employed previously and I enjoy the flexible hours and paid time off. Also in bad weather most people are allowed to tele-commute.

The interview process can be long and drawn out, but I think I found the right position in the company.

The building is located in the old Colt building in Hartford (The one with the onion dome), it is well lit with high glass ceilings, while my previous contract had me in a dark warehouse so this was a vast improvement. Secure and free parking in Hartford is also a nice perk.

The project I am currently working on has allowed me to learn the various products at a good pace, the new products also use fairly advanced technologies so there is a lot to keep you busy. Overall I enjoy coming into the office and working with my team mates, it’s a very diverse group with some very talented people.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the commute into Hartford which has nothing to do with the company, but should be a consideration.

While the building is nice it is in an area that is slowly being built up so while there are a few lunch places and a great food truck, you have to drive if you want something different. In a few years I see this problem going away hopefully.

The company has had some previous struggles which are well documented here on Glassdoor, personally I am not seeing any of this, but it almost made me pass up the interview. I even brought this up during the interview and was very frank with everyone I interviewed with.

The interview process can be a bit long and tedious as you interview with various groups, projects tend to be siloed so it may take multiple interviews to find the correct fit.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the current direction.