There are newer employer reviews for Insurity

Learning something new every day

I have been working at Insurity full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I’m a long term employee who has held various positions here at Insurity throughout the years – including developer, technical lead and management positions. Quite frankly, the thing I love most about working here is meeting the challenges of a fast paced environment where everyone at all levels/job functions has a direct impact and influence on the successful implementations and ongoing support for our customers. The people who work here are among the brightest and most innovative in both the insurance and technical sectors. Being part of such a highly talented and capable team where I feel like I learn something new every day and my input is valued has kept me on my toes, satisfied and very challenged through the years.
We are a unique software company in that we are focused on both product/tool development as well as customer implementations of our base product. A lot of competitors in our industry focus on either one or the other. If you are the type that flourishes in a fast paced environment, embraces the uniqueness of our business and enjoys the constant focus on providing great customer service, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Its hard to come up with cons for me personally, but I suppose people who do not want to be challenged every day might see my pros section as a con.

reviews filtered by
  1. A relaxed, yet hard-working environment.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best reason to work here. The HR/Recruiting staff is personable and they keep a constant level of communication with all of their recruits. I work in a collaborative development environment. We encourage communication, questioning, and openness of ideas throughout the team. There's a lot of knowledge about the existing system in the upper management and architectural roles. People seem to understand their technology stack.

Cons

Development department is large (not a bad thing), but just about everyone reports to one person. Slightly tough to build rapport with your direct report. But if you're active about that, this con goes away quickly.

There are some younger minds with a lot of talent regarding .NET best practices, test driven development, regression testing, and S.M.A.R.T coding principles. Pay attention to these engineers. They have a lot to offer in regard to readable, manageable, scalable, and tesetable code.

2. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Small enough to have a voice and make a difference.
    Big enough to fund special projects and provide great opportunities.
    Not a place where you'll watch the clock. It's fast paced and passes the time with ease.
    If you're the type of person that likes to learn and be challenged, this is the place for you.
    Very flexible schedules.

Cons

Can be fast paced and demanding at times, which is not for everyone, but very typical of vendor environments.

There are newer employer reviews for Insurity