Insurity

www.insurity.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Insurity

Learning something new every day

I have been working at Insurity full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I’m a long term employee who has held various positions here at Insurity throughout the years – including developer, technical lead and management positions. Quite frankly, the thing I love most about working here is meeting the challenges of a fast paced environment where everyone at all levels/job functions has a direct impact and influence on the successful implementations and ongoing support for our customers. The people who work here are among the brightest and most innovative in both the insurance and technical sectors. Being part of such a highly talented and capable team where I feel like I learn something new every day and my input is valued has kept me on my toes, satisfied and very challenged through the years.
We are a unique software company in that we are focused on both product/tool development as well as customer implementations of our base product. A lot of competitors in our industry focus on either one or the other. If you are the type that flourishes in a fast paced environment, embraces the uniqueness of our business and enjoys the constant focus on providing great customer service, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Its hard to come up with cons for me personally, but I suppose people who do not want to be challenged every day might see my pros section as a con.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Insurity (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Small enough to have a voice and make a difference.
    Big enough to fund special projects and provide great opportunities.
    Not a place where you'll watch the clock. It's fast paced and passes the time with ease.
    If you're the type of person that likes to learn and be challenged, this is the place for you.
    Very flexible schedules.

Cons

Can be fast paced and demanding at times, which is not for everyone, but very typical of vendor environments.

Insurity was an excellent organization, and more importantly the division I worked for had a great team environment.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Insurity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great starting salary, good benefits, great company communication when it came to mass updates on the organization as a whole.

Cons

Being a part of a larger corporation, LexisNexis, there was not much of a team feeling outside of our immediate office. If you are looking for a close knit team or a "family" feel, you can't get that from here. Not for everyone, but for me I wanted that close knit feeling.

More team building exercises, or perhaps more inter-department bonding would have been appreciated. There were some divisions or departments that I had no knowledge of, and perhaps I didn't need to. However, it would be nice to know more about the people you work with, even if it's indirectly.

There are newer employer reviews for Insurity