Experienced Insurance Professional

I have been working at Insurity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great CEO! Jeffrey Glazer is one of the most creative, credible and balanced leaders I've ever worked with over my career. His willingness to lead with complete transparency is admirable. Organizationally I'm somewhat surprised anyone would complain about compensation. I've seen the scales and Insurity is competitive and above average in almost every field and function. Learning from previous mistakes was a key turning point at Insurity and the fact that customers, analysts and employees are still divided on this point is to be expected. The organization isn't where it needs to be but it's well on it's way and if you need any proof look no further than the customers.

Cons

Workload varies and presents challenges from time to time however organizationally it balances out over time.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in products as you have over the past 24 months and protect the culture you've developed since leaving LexisNexis. It's the current culture that will take this organization to new heights!

Other Employee Reviews for Insurity

1. Smoke and Mirrors

Current Employee - Policy Support in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Policy Support in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free parking in Hartford is a rarity but this place has it. Talented staff. Flexibility to work different hours in the office or remote. Great place for lemmings. Beautiful historical building.

Cons

Out of touch leadership. Driven by dates instead of quality. Hunger Games mentality. No place for advancement. Loyalty is encouraged by statements like "there are plenty of people out there looking for jobs." Long work hours are expected but not rewarded. If you have new forward thinking ideas you need not apply. No work/life balance. Performance reviews are meaningless.

Advice to Management

Employees are people too. Do you even know our names?

Insurity Response

May 6, 2013 – Recruitment Lead

Our culture at Insurity allows individuals to voice any and all concerns or questions regarding advancement, career progression, work life balance, our performance review process or anything else ... More

2. I love this place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ownership of work, projects, ideas is evident and rewarded. I have worked here or 6 months and have been met with a refreshing and invigorating mindset - one you do not find everywhere but it makes all the difference in employee and customer satisfaction. I am glad I made the move to Insurity and am excited to see where the company is headed.

Cons

I cannot think of anything except that if you do not like to own your work this would be a difficult place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!