Insurity

www.insurity.com
  www.insurity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Insurity

Experienced Insurance Professional

I have been working at Insurity full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great CEO! Jeffrey Glazer is one of the most creative, credible and balanced leaders I've ever worked with over my career. His willingness to lead with complete transparency is admirable. Organizationally I'm somewhat surprised anyone would complain about compensation. I've seen the scales and Insurity is competitive and above average in almost every field and function. Learning from previous mistakes was a key turning point at Insurity and the fact that customers, analysts and employees are still divided on this point is to be expected. The organization isn't where it needs to be but it's well on it's way and if you need any proof look no further than the customers.

Cons

Workload varies and presents challenges from time to time however organizationally it balances out over time.

Continue to invest in products as you have over the past 24 months and protect the culture you've developed since leaving LexisNexis. It's the current culture that will take this organization to new heights!

17 Other Employee Reviews for Insurity (View Most Recent)

Smoke and Mirrors

Current Employee - Policy Support in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Policy Support in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free parking in Hartford is a rarity but this place has it. Talented staff. Flexibility to work different hours in the office or remote. Great place for lemmings. Beautiful historical building.

Cons

Out of touch leadership. Driven by dates instead of quality. Hunger Games mentality. No place for advancement. Loyalty is encouraged by statements like "there are plenty of people out there looking for jobs." Long work hours are expected but not rewarded. If you have new forward thinking ideas you need not apply. No work/life balance. Performance reviews are meaningless.

Employees are people too. Do you even know our names?

Insurity Response

May 6, 2013Recruitment Lead

Our culture at Insurity allows individuals to voice any and all concerns or questions regarding advancement, career progression, work life balance, our performance review process or anything else ... More

I enjoy the fast paced environment, intelligent people and challenging work

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Challenging work, client facing opportunities, being able to see the results of your work, and being able to make a difference in a fast paced culture.

The people here really want to make a difference and believe in being challenged by their work.

Cons

The fast pace can be a con at times. Insurity will let you own your work and it can feel very important, but there is always the concern for maintaining a work life balance. The people that work many hours here believe in what they do and understand that it takes hard work sometimes to reach large goals.

Recognize people openly and loudly. Others will be jealous, but will have a better understanding of what it takes to be successful. We work hard, let's celebrate hard too.

There are newer employer reviews for Insurity