There are newer employer reviews for Integra LifeSciences

Great company for upper management or to start your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  York, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company has great goal and brand promises.

Cons

Company's main focus is about bottom line to shareholders not paying a fair wage. They look to outside and put inexperienced newby at higher wage over person doing the work. Women beware you will not be paid as much as a male counterpart. Attitude is use the employee for all they can until employee realizes they are not being compensated fairly and move on. They do not keep up with cost of living increases. Company has conflicting goals and seems to lack big picture unification of all its parts. There is no opportunity for advancement unless you have connections.

Pay your people fairly!!!

115 Other Employee Reviews for Integra LifeSciences (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn from then move on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plainsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

Integra has a great bunch of people to work with. Many different areas to lear from. Tuition reimbursement, gym, and other amenities.

Cons

No room for professional advancement. Office politics are incredible. Benefits are expensive compared to other companies. Opportunties for growth are non-existent unless you play the political game.

Compensate your employees better and reward them for a job well done. Provide the growth opportunties and promote from within. Restructure the benefit system to provide more cost-effective benefits. Provide more work-life balance for all the hard-working employees who have put in so much time and work into the company.

Good Experience, Short Life Span

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Plainsboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

Flexible hours, good environment to learn med devices, excellent space to learn how not to do things (it actually is a positive). M&A exposure

Cons

1) Advancement - Do not expect to be promoted within this company. I was told my promotion was 12-24 months away for 3 years, after exceeding all my MBO's each year.
    2) Expect little praise for hard work - If you are the type of person who needs to hear "good job" even once in a while, keep looking past Integra. If you find a $1 million cost savings opportunity, management will wonder why it was not $1.5 million and make you feel like a failure
    3) Speaking of failure, dont expect to see new products launched. All new product launches are late and never meet expectations. Management continues to stress meeting timelines, but did not meet one in the time I was there. In fact a product set to launch when I started, was still a year from launch after I left (3+ years).
    4) Integration of newly aquired companies. Growth by aquisition is the strategy and you will be expected to integrate, while keeping up with your current role. Wihout praise or compensation.
    5) Speaking of compensation, dont expect much. Raises are non-existant (2% in 3 years) and bonuses are offered, but rarely paid. Mangement has the audacity to send out talking points to managers for them to explain the reasons why raises were so low. Clever things like 1% is industry average! Or my favorite, "our peer companies are not giving raises" when my friends at peer companies are telling me about the great raises they have gotten

Maybe things will change now that the SE has left and a leader with large company experience is coming in. But this company has a LONG way to go to become the company it thinks it can be.

There are newer employer reviews for Integra LifeSciences

Worked for Integra LifeSciences? Contribute to the Community!