Integrated Project Management Company

www.ipmcinc.com
  www.ipmcinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Integrated Project Management Company

Great company! The culture, people, and professionalism are great to be around.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Burr Ridge, IL
Current Employee - Project Manager in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time

Pros

The people are "good people". I love going to work every day.
Company is respected in the industry.
Feel like part of a family.
Health benefits are great (100% for me and my family)
Feedback is frequent and honest (I always know exactly where I stand)
Everyone in the company is accessible.
High caliber of employees push me to be better every day.
Collaborative culture makes everyone better.

Cons

If you are out to make the most money possible in the industry, this is not for you.
Although usually local, commute can be cumbersome depending on your client.

Find a better way to balance commute with a person's hours worked each week.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Jun 19, 2014

The Chicago commute! UUUGGGHHHHHH! (And San Francisco and Boston and LA!) We do feel and understand your pain.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Integrated Project Management Company (View Most Recent)

Good consulting firm for mid level project managers

Former Employee - Project Management Consultant
    Former Employee - Project Management Consultant

I worked at Integrated Project Management Company full-time

Pros

Brand name clients, good benefits, honest, ethical leadership, exposure to lots of projects, clients, and industries.

Cons

Too many non-strategic projects, more of a staff augmentation role than strategic consulting, very conformist culture, conservative and slow to change, long term engagements that can involve traveling for months or years.

Fix gap between hiring very experienced OLd, stating you're a strategic consulting firm, but then repeatedly taking low value staff augmentation PM jobs.

The Best Place I've Ever Worked

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Burr Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the company's culture and it's the primary reason I plan to to stay here for many years. It's very refreshing to be surrounded by co-workers that share similar beliefs regarding honesty, work ethic, community service and striving for a suitable work-life balance. Management's commitment to work-life balance can be seen in how they manage travel demands; which is often the biggest work issue faced by consultants. IPM recognizes the commutes that many of us have and does work to assign us to a project with a lesser commute after we've completed a project with long commute.

The company works very hard to be the type of company people want to work for and don't want to leave. No company is perfect, but IPM has been the perfect company for me.

Cons

The only con for me has been the commutes associated with getting to many of our client locations. Although I have had long driving commutes to get to clients since I've been at IPM, it is offset by having local assignments that don't require regular air travel.

Continue what you've been doing; valuing honesty, integrity, work-life balance and your people. I think we should take a more aggressive approach to marketing our culture and why people enjoy working here but also to be very upfront about the nature of consulting. It's very easy to get enamored by IPM the company but if you don't enjoy the nature of consultant work or a consultant lifestyle you're probably not going to be happy working as a project management consultant at IPM.

There are newer employer reviews for Integrated Project Management Company