There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Interesting but had to fight with IT in order to get stuff done.

Former Employee - Graduate Intern in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Graduate Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation

Pros

Good benefits package, company stability, lots of opportunities to learn and try different things, multi-cultural environment, good salary, interesting people, smart engineers.

Cons

Huge number of employees make it hard to feel as a place you belong to, very hard to find meeting room when you need one, not that great cafeteria, old building not conducive to productivity, terrible coffee

Advice to Management

Communicate more often and more effectively with subordinates. Help group and individuals to succeed and try to create and maintain a group spirit more effectively.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I thoroughly enjoyed working with intelligent, stimulating people.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation

Pros

In IT people were very experienced with at minimum 10 years at Intel so all knew what they were talking about and mutually respected each other and were enthusiastic about the project and working there. Security and access to needed data or information was the biggest pain as justification was always needed with sign offs by supervisors. I was allowed to build a dimensional model without any interference. My knowledge and experience was accepted.

Cons

Security and access to needed data or information was the biggest pain as justification was always needed with sign offs by supervisors. Data modeling architecture is fiercely controlled with reviews. This is good but a painful step as the architects only know 3rd Normal form when the dimensional model is denormalized.

Advice to Management

It management was changed and the subsequent reorganization released all our contractors who were working on our project. This delayed our project substantially. Keep some status quo when changing until you understand the effect change will have on the on-going projects.

2. LukeWarm

Current Employee - Component Design Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Component Design Engineer in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Even though Intel has one of the best technologies and Process, the design teams seem to be definetly overstaffed, which means a better work life balance

Cons

High degree of heirarchy, and a huge workforce means motivation and push on individuals is less. From a personal experience, many under performing people have a safe haven with very less to no growth even with experience of 10-15 years.