Intel Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Internship experience was terrible

Former Employee - Technical Intern in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Technical Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

1) Good infrastructure
2) Work culture is good - everybody is friendly and will take time to help you out

Cons

The internship experience was terrible. My manager did not spend time to scope my project for the summer. When I joined, he tells me that I am to make an stand-alone GUI application that interfaces with Intel's SAP database and performs certain calculations. Three weeks into the internship, he tells me that Intel already has such an application and I would only have to modify it slightly to suit the team's needs. I told him that the application is protected by copyright laws, and he was like don't be such a goody two shoes. I refused and he was quite angry with me. I kept developing my own application and reached a point where I could interface with the SAP database. I did not know how to work with SAP and told my manager about this. I told him that the training for SAP could cost around 20,000 dollars and he told me to forget about it. This is the sixth week of a twelve week internship. With that, I had a half-completed application and a manager who was least interested in the project. I spent the second half of the internship playing pool with other interns who were in a similar situation.
Put simply, if you are a person with no formidable experience on your resume, go for Intel. If you do have serious stuff on your resume and have other offers, AVOID INTEL!!!!

Make sure that the project of interns are well-defined. Ask them to make a presentation at the end of the internship that would be shown to the senior management. This way, even the direct managers would take an interest in the intern's projects.

4041 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Fantastic work environment, lots of benefits and activities provided. Allows room to learn and grow within organization. The people there are the best thing about the company.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities within reasonable time for those with entrepreneurial mentalities. Takes too long to advance into senior management positions.

good company so far

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation

Pros

good perks bonuses..good environment environment

Cons

politics politics politics politics politics

reduce politics