Intel Corporation

Good Place to Work!

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
Current Employee - Product Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Very Flexible with home life!! Work/Life Effectiveness!!!

Cons

Decision making is sometimes based on who talks louder and not what really makes sense.

Cut the Red Tape!!

4167 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Products that change the world, but bring your "A" game.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Entreprenurial spirit in the company and in ownership of one's own job. Awesome products that are changing the world. Company maintains a growth mentality and has some high growth products, along with stable products and a huge manufacturing capacity. Lots of flexibility to move among jobs within the company. Many exempt jobs have multi-country or global exposure. Sales jobs literally around the world. Unique opportunity to contribute to a company and employees very genuine about and involved in philanthropy around the world. Consistent efforts around diversity, employee work/life balance, egalitarianism, and flexibility are differentiators. Compensation and benefits are competitive and varied. Recent efforts on morale and respect are sincere reactions to the past few difficult years. You work with high performing, smart people and there is a low tolerance for bureaucracy and low performers.

Cons

Bring your "A" game, it's a competitive environment and comes with some stress, pressure, and some morale issues. The company is strongly committed to it's business goals and accordingly there are often very aggressive projects and schedules. Cost cutting has created a sense of less job security at present, though that is moderating. Restructuring seems to have led to fewer opportunities in management jobs; it's a more horizontal structure. It's a cubicle work environment as seen on Conan O'Brian; now doing some pilots to change it. Stock prices hasn't moved much in years so almost every employee who has been at the company longer than 3 or 4 years has underwater stock options.

Stick with products long enough to see if they are winners or losers and don't divest until you know. We hung on to flash way too long and let other opportunities go too early. Also, I think employees are more motivated by the company, our products, our potential, our compensation & benefits, our culture, our impact on the word than they are about the competition. Yes, we always have to be aware that our competition is there, but that as a negative driver is not nearly as powerful as the positive drivers we have.

Intel

Current Employee - Principal Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Recognition Opportunity Pay Leader ship

Cons

Growth Politics Bureaucracy Fairness Travel

be bold