Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Review Intel Corporation Glass Door

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Good compensation, worklife balance, great culture

Cons

Nothing much that I can think of

3974 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Intel is one of the best employers I have worked for so far

Former Employee - Graphics Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Graphics Software Engineer

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great minds, really intelligent people good at what they do, great benefits and competitive salary, amazing flexibility to each individual to choose what they want - extra work to prove themselves or work-life balance - the company doesn't look down at anyone.. you get what you want..

Cons

Average age of employees is on the higher side, can make things look little dull compared to other companies with employees full of energy and youth..
    In a company so old, there are always processes for everything, which can make the company very systematic but at the same time very slow in everything they do..
    Also, due to these processes, promotions are based on tenure rather than your ability.. so one bright chap might get saddled with a manager who became a manager only because of his longer tenure..

Cut down on the processes and give faster promotions to people who deserve them rather than making them wait for a fixed number of years because of your processes.

Wonderful, diverse group of professionals with whom I was honored to have worked.

Former Employee - Windows Platform Engineer in Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Windows Platform Engineer in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Industry leader in space with a rock solid balance sheet and a good corporate culture. My direct managers were always thoughts, attentive, and interactive.

Cons

A big company where it is easy to feel lost in the hub bub. Not all managers were cast from the same die, and some rotten tomatoes did get into the mix from time to time.

Bring back money from overseas, pay the taxes on it, and return what remains to the shareholders of the company. Continue the practice of the 360 degree reviews; one of the most pleasant things about the process was being able to provide feedback on how I thought my managers were doing and having it mean something.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation