There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Great people, interesting work, good benefits, mediocre recognition

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Folsom, CA
Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Interesting and engaging work
Great financial and health benefits.
Good bonuses and stock options
Lots of opportunities for lateral motion within the company -- they expect you to learn different parts of the business and eventually take on more responsibility

Cons

Recognition for individual efforts is a bit spotty -- if you've done something you think is great, be sure to champion your accomplishments to your manager.
Some of the bonuses are tied to vague, quasi-measurable things that are beyond the control of any individual employee. This is offset a bit by the RSUs given out to reward individual performance after annual reviews.

Setting unattainable business goals every quarter can be demoralizing -- please try to be realistic. (This is targeted at division-level management and above)

reviews filtered by
  1. Amazing coworkers, open environment.

Former Intern - Graduate Intern - Technical in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Intern - Graduate Intern - Technical in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, open culture for collaboration and brilliant coworkers. I worked with an amazing team of engineers that each seemed to have a good live/work balance and a staggering amount of technical skill. I learned quite a bit, and will certainly consider Intel for full-time positions.

Cons

Huge company makes acceptance of new ideas and directions very slow. A bad manager can make your experience quite negative.

2. It's a hard company to leave. They take very good care of you

Current Employee - Program Manager in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Year after year, Intel is listed as on of the top companies to work for. I started working there with the intent of only staying 3 years. 12 years later....yeah, I'm still here :). Work/Life balance is a major factor for why I stay. i can work my own hours, either on site or at home as needed. Granted, your mileage may vary, depending on your role and your manager. Your rank and pay are determined by meritocracy, which I believe is the most objective way to manage your pay among your peers.

Cons

It's pretty unanimous that pay is low when compared to competitors. Intel loses a lot of good talent because of this, especially when venturing into new businesses.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation