Great Experience

Former Intern - Sales and Marketing Analyst in Folsom, CA
Former Intern - Sales and Marketing Analyst in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

collaborative, lateral organization; lots of talented people

Cons

employees get complacent which means limited opportunity for promotions

Advice to Management

increase incentives for younger people to work there! you're going to have to do more to retain talent in silicon valley in the age of exciting startups with great perks.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work

Current Intern - Undergrad Technical in Folsom, CA
    Current Intern - Undergrad Technical in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Create amazing network with the recent college graduates who enjoy having a good time. Very competitive pay and very likely to get job offer if you perform well as an intern.

Cons

Very easy to get lost in the crowd. Management will not check up on you if you are doing sub par work. Very cultural environment and you must be good at breaking cultural barriers.

2. Excellent software engineering intern experience

Former Intern - Undergraduate Technical Intern in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Intern - Undergraduate Technical Intern in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was satisfied with pretty much everything (compensation, workload, work environment, etc.) during my internship. I think the people I worked with were what really made it great. My mentors were genuinely interested in me as an individual and in my professional growth. The work was challenging and engaging, but I had more than enough resources and help from coworkers to get through any tough problems I encountered.

Cons

Being stuck in a cube all day is a bit of a drag, though to some extent I think it comes with the job of a programmer. In spite of all of the work they were doing to brighten/open things up while I was there, I don't really feel like the office spaces are any brighter or more cheerful.

Advice to Management

I've heard some people complaining about compensation being on the low side for the industry. While I think my compensation as an intern was excellent, having a 30% income tax in Oregon really cut deep on payday. It might be worth taking a look at compensation packages being offered and making sure they stay competitive.