There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Facilities / Construction / Engineering - Experience of U.S.A & international sites

Pros

Interesting advanced engineering systems / installations

Cons

Very poor employee morale. Very poor working environment / atmosphere. Very poor time management with employees (perhaps due to workloads) resulting in VERY common ('the norm') behaviour such as not to show up to pre-arranged meetings. Blame culture, particularly applied to Suppliers. Very common to find unapproachable, 'hot-headed' and unprofessional staff who think that hard nosed / kick-ass attitudes are the only way to get results from Suppliers.

Advice to Management

Review your hiring policies / practices. Spend some time and money finding true route causes for: lack of motivation, blame culture. Aim for a semi-pleasant work environment (at least). Don't think that due to the companies size that you will have an indispensable supply of Vendors who will choose to work for you when market conditions change

Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation

1. time flexible, but high stressed

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time is flexible, lots of courses and training.

Cons

no match in 401K, food is really expensive.

Contractor's Disease (it is catchy)

Former Contractor - IT Projects in Folsom, CA
    Former Contractor - IT Projects in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good pay from the recruiting company

Cons

I wore a green badge and I was treated like I had a communicable disease. I was openly and publicly disrespected, I was publicly yelled at, I was elminated from conversations (regarding the job I was doing), I was called a liar to my face by a blue badge employee. I came into this job with as much experience as the perm employees, yet I was dismissed by a manager who was too busy to deal with the situation created by those perm employees. Since I was the contractor, it was easier to let me go, than to appropriately deal/discipline the offending employees. All this happend in less than 6 weeks.

Advice to Management

No amount of advice is going to change the hearts and minds of those managers who have been there too long and don't see that change is important and relevant. Good luck, maybe someday you might be able to push your stock up out of the flat lands into something that resembles a hill or a mountain.