Intel Corporation

a brief intern experience

Former Employee - Graduate Research  in  Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - Graduate Research in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation

Pros

Great training program and very specific path for advancement. The Intel culture encourages risk-taking which is great if you want to start side-projects if time-permitting. Managers will give you very specific and helpful feedback at performance reviews which gives you some concrete ideas of what you can do better next quarter. The reviews also outlines key achievements and where you fit in the Intel road map, this is extremely important because sometimes it is difficult to see the impact of your work in such a large company. Work schedule is very flexible as all employee performances are measured by results, not effort.

Cons

Contributions to the company may seem small. Although career advancement path is clear, it may be much slower than smaller companies. The work environment is very traditional and office-like. People work in separate cubes, although there are re no closed doors, it still seems like a closed environment. Hillsboro is essentially a farm, it's remote and very quite, but outside of work there is very little to do. Downtown Portland is not too difficult to reach but living in Hillsboro can be boring. Transportation in the Hillsboro area is not convenient, so a car is definitely required. Working at such a remote location makes you feel somewhat isolated.

Great job on cost cutting

3754 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Intel - where Finance is a valued member of the management team

Current Employee - Controller  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Controller in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

My favorite part is the fact that Finance is an integral part of the decision-making process. We don't just crunch numbers, we aren't just in the room to answer questions. Our opinion is valued and sought after to ensure management makes the best decision possible. We are truly part of the management structure of the company.

Cons

We are spread out. You can oftentimes work with someone for years and never meet them face to face.
    Intel has been slow to adopt work life effectiveness solutions as a whole company. It all depends on what group you work in and who you work for. It's left to manager discretion.

Better educate managers and teach them how to allow flexibility without compromising the business objectives and goals. Oftentimes managers are hesitant because they don't know how to do it.

Not worth investing your time, build seniority with another company.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Better than being unemployed. Free drinks in the cafe. The people are generally nice. The managment could be more clueless but not by much since they are approching absolute zero.

Cons

Insane pressure to meet ridiculous schedules set by incompetent managers. The bathrooms in C7 are too small and smell pretty bad. The new cube configuration is a mess, the walls are so low there is no privacy. Low moral due to long hours and poor T-Comp. Most employees would leave if given a similar job at another company. The stock options are worthless. Sub par employees are made managers because of the people then know or of the pictures they have.

Listen to feedback from employees in the trenches. Follow your own practices, I had the ‘Effective meetings’ class over 8 times and not one meeting followed the class guidelines. I would routinely ask for an agenda for a meeting placed on my calendar but was rarely provided with one.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!