There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

11+ years of Intel experience. Not a bad place to work, but can become repetitive and boring.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Rio Rancho, NM
Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

* Compensation is good if you negotiate after receiving a job offer, I did. Otherwise they will lowball you and the raises stink once you are in the door.

* Time off (work/life balance) at my current location is excellent. But when I worked at R&D in Oregon, work/life balance is non-existent. They expect you to work 24/7/365 over there for the same amount of pay.

Cons

* You will not learn anything new, it quickly becomes boring. After a 5 year departure from Intel (I acquired a ton of experience and new knowledge elsewhere), I rehired at Intel but have learned nothing new in the past 8 years! Management says that we are responsible for our own training, but every time I ask for additional training (vendor training, temporary job assignments within the building), I'm rejected due to costs. You will be pigeon holed in your current position forever unless you apply for an internal transfer, there are no longer any promotions. Why hold back ambitious employees from temporarily training elsewhere to acquire new skill sets? No need to change jobs completely. Invest in your motivated employees.

* Bonuses are based on corporate performance. Even the lame/lazy employees receive the same bonus as you do. They need to provide some incentive and make bonuses based on individual merit. Individual raises used to reflect performance, but now are below standard. It's disheartening to see poor performers compensated at the same rate as you are.

* Downsize the poor performers. For some reason, Intel will easily lay off good and bad technicians during slow periods, but they will leave horrible management and engineering intact. You will encounter lots of useless management/engineering who do nothing but bring morale down. My awful department manager has chased away all of my good coworkers to other divisions while retaining the horrible performers. Uggh!! They could easily lay off 30% of the workforce (poor performers) and nobody would notice.

I appreciate it very much that the new CEO wants to restructure the company to meet the needs of the consumer. Not only is he going to realign employees to high priority projects (so he says), but he also needs to retain and motivate his current high performing employees. Otherwise nothing will change, and it hasn't for the past 16 years since I started there!

reviews filtered by
  1. good

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

big company big company big company

Cons

slow process flow, too many people

2. Stable but I would like a bit more take home pay

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fairly good place to work with plenty of flexibility, especially in these times.

Cons

Expectations to get more done with less people and resources is high. It's also a bit lighter on the take home pay side than I would like,

Take a look at what is going on below senior management levels.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation