Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Great opportunities across various business groups and functions

Current Employee - Program Manager in Folsom, CA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well organized processes for dealing with various tasks. Great technical experts to work with. Opportunities available to change groups or job types and support education to develop employees.

Cons

Too big to move quickly. Some org structures and beliefs are still relevant to CPU centric biz in late 90s or early 00s. Because of too many orgs across the world, the work life balance could suffer.

Have to create better programs to encourage risk taking at individual level and question the status quo.

4265 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for - take good care of the employees

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of smart people. Great technologies. Great twice a year bonus. Great benefits. I enjoyed my time working there.

Cons

None, great place to work.

Great company with great people and products

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Intel pays a competitive wage, offers competitive benefits and is filled with great, intelligent, dedicated people. Top level management is excellent. The 8-week paid sabbatical for all employees for each 7 years of service is wonderful.

Cons

Like any large company, there is some incompetence, negligence and corruption in small pockets throughout the company. It exists among individual contributors and first line and middle management. In my experience, Human Resources has mostly not been supportive of individual employees in disputes with management. I witnessed about 10 HR investigations in 15 years and don't recall a single one ending in favor of the employee though several of them should have. HR investigations are not thorough or objective and they are not forthcoming with employees about how the investigation process works even when asked direct questions.

Ensure honesty, fairness, thoroughness and objectivity in all things. Intel prides itself on its business ethics but there have been pockets of disease internally that have been allowed to exist for far too long. I was told in the early part of my career that HR used to have "employee advocates". That function may be needed as the current HR processes are not working as they should.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation