Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Great company to work for - take good care of the employees

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of smart people. Great technologies. Great twice a year bonus. Great benefits. I enjoyed my time working there.

Cons

None, great place to work.

4144 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great company with great people and products

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Intel pays a competitive wage, offers competitive benefits and is filled with great, intelligent, dedicated people. Top level management is excellent. The 8-week paid sabbatical for all employees for each 7 years of service is wonderful.

Cons

Like any large company, there is some incompetence, negligence and corruption in small pockets throughout the company. It exists among individual contributors and first line and middle management. In my experience, Human Resources has mostly not been supportive of individual employees in disputes with management. I witnessed about 10 HR investigations in 15 years and don't recall a single one ending in favor of the employee though several of them should have. HR investigations are not thorough or objective and they are not forthcoming with employees about how the investigation process works even when asked direct questions.

Ensure honesty, fairness, thoroughness and objectivity in all things. Intel prides itself on its business ethics but there have been pockets of disease internally that have been allowed to exist for far too long. I was told in the early part of my career that HR used to have "employee advocates". That function may be needed as the current HR processes are not working as they should.

Perfect job for Work/ Life Balance

Current Employee - Systems Researcher in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Systems Researcher in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very healthy environment, perfect work/life balance. Easy to find help and good management.

Cons

Bureaucracy. Also the way software is handled . Intel is a semiconductor company but has a slow evolving software division. There is no perfect management for that.

Have one representative for software. Like a VP for the software arm.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation