Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
  www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Good learning, good people, unhealthy environment

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Folsom, CA
Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Everything has a process, Intel University, smart people there who will mentor you, fast-paced and challenging. Used to be a metric driven company

Cons

Everything has a process... one of my peers told me 'Intel is where fun goes to die.' I would add... 'and where creativity goes to die.' A student once told me 'why would I work at Intel- it's just a bunch of type A people pissing on each other all day.' Pretty accurate. The culture actually draws out the absolute the worst type A behaviors in people there but of course, it is accepted since the hope is it also draws out the best type A behaviors- long hours, internal competition and confrontation on every little thing

I am glad you have an engineering CEO again. Get back to metric driven decision making. Dont make it so managers have to break/undo something and put it back together to get a good review. Promote people there with high EQ and humanity so everyone doesnt just feel like some widget in a process. Remove RIsk Taking from your values. You know it iisnt true. Everyone there is absolutely terrified to take any risk in case it should fail in any way. The one phrase I heard there most was- fly below the radar and move internally to a new position every year, if possible. Figure out how to reward the good type A behaviors but severely punish the bad type A behaviors

4041 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Intel career as a CW

Current Employee - Validation Technician in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Validation Technician in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They really do take care of their own employees, they can take 2 -3 hour lunches, and they pay themselves pretty well!

Cons

Horrible place to work if you are a temp employee, they are a little behind in technology, and they do NOT care about your personal life or family.

Try reading your temp employees resumes when you hire them. You might find out that they have more skills and education than you or your perm employees.

Intel Media is a subsidiary of Intel Corporation. Horrible place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can put Intel on your resume

Cons

Everything. Such a dysfunctional workplace. No direction is ever provided by senior management. Senior management thinks they are the 'king of the castle' and impose fear and intimidation tactics.

Stop keeping secrets, provide direction, lead by example, stop being hostile/bullying

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation