Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
  www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Great place to start for hardware engineers or sales engineers

Current Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Results oriented, technology leader, significant resources

Cons

Slow moving, declining PC market

4039 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Learned more than I ever thought possible. And stretched myself to my own limits, and beyond. It was fantastic."

Current Employee - (Withheld) in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - (Withheld) in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

"Own your own Career" is the motto. It's true. You do it, and they set the table for you to do just that.

Cons

The execs have been there FAR too long. The rotation of the industry means the leadership rotation needs to happen as well. Rotation OUT.

Leave. Get new blood in the company and return the stock to growth.

Post Redeployment: My Thoughts

Former Employee - Information Technology in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

High caliber of talented individuals, pretty good pay and benefits, great work life balance programs

Cons

Unqualified managers and management teams, management playing favorites in focal, difficult to move into new jobs, empire building for certain managers

The talent pool at Intel is unlike any other company, yet the management layers refuse to look at the employees with fresh eyes. It is just easier to bring in new RCG's and dump on them, when it is truly worth the investment to your current employees. Find out what makes them excited to get up in the morning, what floats their boat and then HELP them find their right career path. Management isn't just about deadlines and deliverables, it's about people, motivating and supporting them to make YOU a success.

The former regime used to promote from within making people 'managers' who had absolutely no qualifications to be a manager. Reading the current comments, times have not changed. It wasn't working then, it still isn't working today (read the comments!). Find the right balance of task/deliverable managers with a healthy dose of people management. That is a winning combination.

I have heard over and over again in the past few years, the mantra at Intel is: What is your VALUE to this company? If a manager can't tell an employee what their value is, how is the employee supposed to know (and NO don't say they will find out at Focal). Lead by example, take the risk and support your teams, that is your JOB.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation