Intel Corporation
3.8 of 5 3,247 reviews
www.intel.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Good place to work, but many improvements needed to make it great

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros1. Worldwide brand recognition. Almost everyone has heard of Intel and what we do.
2. Some awesome benefits, including an 8 week paid sabbatical after every 7 years and profit sharing that does not require 401k participation. Free fruits/drinks.
3. Great work/life balance. Management is supportive of flexible working hours and telecommuting.
4. Process and technology leadership. Our CPUs are the best, bar none.
5. Tremendous company and employee involvement in the communities that it serves.

Cons1. Bonus structure needs to be changed for grade 6 and lower employees. Need to emphasize more of an individual's performance rather than a fixed bonus target that is based on a small percentage of an employee's salary.
2. Stagnant stock price. It's such a big issue that even management is trying to address it.
3. Too many reorganizations within the company. Reorganizations seems to happen every year and upper management always claims that it improves some inefficiencies. Better planning and leadership should have been exercised in the first place!
4. Too much bureaucracy and politics and too many meetings. Focus on getting the task done at hand with better cooperation and teamwork among groups, rather than focusing on specific processes and passing the political football.
5. Too many offices in the suburbs and not enough in the bigger cities (e.g. SF, NYC) that is needed to attract a wider talent pool.

Advice to Senior Management1. Too many middle managers who should have not been managers in the first place. Hire and promote managers that are qualified and have the technical expertise, leadership skills, and track record to manage people rather than to promote favorites from within the company.
2. Too many dead weight employees. Hire and attract top talent (especially software programmers, where this is lacking) and reward them competitively. Get rid of underperforming employees.
3. Reassess our GPU strategy after the Larrabee flop.

It's a good place to work. 2009 was pretty tough. 2010 is looking up and that has helped lift moral.

CAD Support (Current Employee)
Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros: Good direct management, overall good communication. Cons: Too much dead wood in management. Advice to Senior Management: Pay more intention to the workers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Worth working for

Technology Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros: Great company. Very good in execuation. Colleagues are very telented and you learn… Cons: Less focus on research and edevelopment. Since it is a big… Advice to Senior Management: Try to diversify into different areas. Intel has just not been successful beyond making microprocessors.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Intel Corporation.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.