Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Intelligent people, demanding work environment

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Intelligent people, great team. Luckily, my manager is amazing at removing roadblocks, developing employees, and creating a good environment. Other groups are not as fortunate.

Cons

Demanding work environment, corporate politics at play. There is a little bit of the 'old boys club' mentality at times.

Let people who perform do their job instead of inundating them with bureaucratic tasks.

4137 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

It's ok

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Market leader. Great long term products and technologies in the pipeline.

Cons

Too many internal politics and duplicate works.

Not too good for IT at Intel

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hey, it's Intel. This company was part of the transformation from mainframes to personal computing. Getting a job here 17 years ago was one of the happiest days in my life.

Cons

As time marches on IT has changed from a necessity to become more of a luxury for companies to maintain for itself. Intel is starting to divest of that luxury in favor of outsourcing and for those jobs they are keeping around, at least during the slow divestment, they are moving them quickly to Central America and Asia. Bottom line, if you want to work for an IT organization as any kind of systems engineer, do NOT work at Intel. Not enough chairs, and too many really skilled people desperately looking for stuff to do to impress management. I started in manufacturing, and then later moved to IT as a systems engineer. I'v lived to regret that choice. I'll probably have to leave soon. End of dream job :)

Stop giving IT employees the run around. Tell us your plan, and let us help you realize it. Give us a break. Many of us came from the direct side too and we love this company just as much as you do and are bleeding blue while you chop us down.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation